Town of Danville Call to Action
Feb 1, 2019 —
Everyone - we need you to make a few phone calls today - Friday (by Sunday at the latest).
On Feb. 5, the town of Danville staff is going to recommend to the Town Council that they deny our appeal regarding installing a Verizon cell tower 25 feet from a Danville resident’s home. We provided several alternatives that are far away from people’s homes. So, we NEED YOUR HELP IMMEDIATELY. We need you to call each member of the Town Council (numbers are below) TODAY, or by SUNDAY at the latest.
There is an exact script that our attorney has provided below. We prefer to use this approach before having to resort to something more costly, such as litigation. Can you make time today to make a few calls to Save our Community? The Town Council needs to hear from you!!!
Danville Town Council
• Mayor Robert Storer (firstname.lastname@example.org): 510-343-4415
• Vice Mayor Karen Stepper(email@example.com): 925-275-2412
• Councilmember Renee Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org): 925-918-3999
• Councilmember Lisa Blackwell (email@example.com): 925-980-5467
• Councilmember Newell Arnerich (firstname.lastname@example.org): 510-366-0716
Please follow this exact script (note that when I called them, I was able to include everything in my voicemail when they didn't answer):
----NOTE: PLEASE stick to this script exclusively. If anyone calls and complains about RF emissions from wireless equipment generally, or at the proposed location, it will seriously undermine our effort.----
My name is [Hope Goodperson]. I am calling regarding the Feb 5 meeting, agenda item 7.1, recommending denying an appeal by Anita Taff-Rice on behalf of Danville Citizens for Responsible Growth, and approving Land Use Permit request LUP17-0035 by Verizon Wireless. The points I’d like to make are the following:
1) the staff has approved a location that violates the town's wireless ordinance because it is less than 125 feet from a residential dwelling
2) Verizon admits that the location is only 70 feet from the residential dwelling, though we believe it is less than 25 feet
3) The FCC order expressly gives towns discretion regarding location of wireless equipment
4) The staff have abdicated their responsibility to choose a location that complies with the town's own ordinance (which supposedly was re-written in July to comply with the FCC order)
5) Danville Citizens for Responsible Growth has proposed three viable locations in the public right of way, but staff has refused to require Verizon to use one of them
6) Requiring Verizon to comply with the town's ordinance by placing wireless equipment a minimum of 125 feet from a residential dwelling is NOT a denial of Verizon's rights under federal law to place wireless equipment
Thank you (hang up)
NOTE: PLEASE stick to this script exclusively. If anyone calls and complains about RF emissions from wireless equipment generally, or at the proposed location, it will seriously undermine our effort.
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly