STOP the Rezoning of Rural Hartwood Marsh Rd.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Petition Against Rezoning the Eddy Property on Hartwood Marsh Road
Say NO to greedy developers and their proposed 340+\- homes on Hartwood Marsh Rd.
This property has the potential to become a beautiful community with the appropriate density the infrastructure can support, and that fits in with the unique and treasured rural community that already exists.
How can you help?
- Sign this Petition that will be delivered to the City Council.
- Attend the final meeting on January 23.
- Testify at this meeting! (Keep your testimony under 3 minutes)
- Write to them. Your voice counts! Email members of the City Council expressing your concerns.
We have strength in numbers. Thank you for your support, and please help spread the word!
Tuesday January 23 @ 6:30pm
685 W. Montrose St.
Clermont, FL 34711
Letter to the City Council:
We the undersigned respectfully request that the City of Clermont, City Council deny the File ID 2017-42 application to annex and rezone 114 +/acres from Urban Estate to Planned Unit Development for up to 340 single family homes on the Eddy property located north of Lovers Lane and Hartwood Marsh Road intersection, for the following reasons:
- Disruptive to current residents-The property is adjacent to a unique rural community with 5-acre parcels.
- Insufficient Road Infrastructure-Hartwood Marsh Road simply can not handle the dramatic increase in traffic. The existing traffic and the quality of this road already pose a significant risk to anyone that lives or commutes on Hartwood Marsh Road.
- Schools-The zoned Lake County Schools are already over capacity.
- Emergency Services-Emergency service response times and access will continue to suffer.
- Impact on the Environment-The property is adjacent to Scrub Point Nature Preserve. There have not been comprehensive studies on the environmental impact of this development. Overdevelopment on Hartwood Marsh Rd. has already displaced many native animals.
We are urging the City of Clermont City Council to reject this proposed application for re-zoning.
Today: Jackie is counting on you
Jackie Polk needs your help with “STOP the rezoning and overdevelopment of Hartwood Marsh Road! Please sign the petition.”. Join Jackie and 671 supporters today.