Stop the proposed 7-Eleven at Ash and Pacific Hwy
This petition had 354 supporters
We strongly oppose the addition of a 7-Eleven convenience store in Breeza (at Ash and Pacific Hwy) for the following reasons:
1. There are already two 7-Eleven stores in the immediate area at Cedar & Kettner and at Beech & State. Along with the other 11 downtown San Diego locations, these stores attract street people on a daily basis who engage in aggressive panhandling, litter the area, frequently leave urine and vomit, block the sidewalks and streets, create public and private nuisances and decrease our safety.
2. There is no parking along either Ash or Pacific Hwy for potential customers or delivery trucks.
3. Breeza, and the surrounding condo buildings, are designed and marketed as upscale residential complexes. Having a convenience store as part of the building is a significant degradation of our community.
4. Breeza has been working towards becoming a nonsmoking building. The sale or use of cigarettes, considered hazardous under CA law, is inconsistent with this goal.
5. Our HOA regulations, written to assure us of the peaceful enjoyment of our units, prohibit certain activities in order to eliminate nuisances - particularly during evening hours. A 24 hour convenience store certainly does not fit into that environment.
We believe there are many better options for this space and we're happy to work on mutually beneficial solutions.
Today: Breeza HOA is counting on you
Breeza HOA needs your help with “Stop the proposed 7-11 at Ash and Pacific Hwy”. Join Breeza HOA and 353 supporters today.