Stop The Block On Wildlife Bills
This petition had 374 supporters
Just before Congress left Washington to go home and campaign, Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) put a personal hold on five important pieces of wildlife legislation, effectively blocking them from a vote.
* H.R. 388, the Crane Conservation Act.
* S. 529, the Great Cats and Rare Canids Act.
* S. 850, the Shark Conservation Act.
* S. 859, the Marine Mammal Rescue Assistance Amendments.
* S. 1748, the Southern Sea Otter Recovery and Research Act.
Coburn's rash actions affect a wide variety of species, including sharks, big cats, wolves, sea otters, and marine mammals - including some threatened species.
Add your voice to the call for Tom Coburn to let his fellow Senators vote on these crucial bills.
Today: Ruth is counting on you
Ruth McD needs your help with “Stop The Block On Wildlife Bills”. Join Ruth and 373 supporters today.