- Mr Naveen JindalHon. Member of Parliament, Republic of India
Stop promoting unscrupulous magic cure products
Mr Naveen Jindal, Member of Parliament and industrialist recently launched the "Tirangaa" bangle.
Reading up the reports of this launch suggest that "Tri-Vortex" treated metal band claims to cure ailments like acidity and arthritis, purifies water and even protects people from harmful cellphone radiation". Further they state that this would prove "particularly beneficial for athletes and the elderly".
A quick Google search provides ample sources to question the tall and unscrupulous claims made by this product promoted primariliy by an American and a South African. CAMcheck, a South African consumers' guide to "scams, pseudoscience and voodoo science," dismisses these claims as "pseudoscience baloney, quackery, and scam".
In a country that is plagued by superstition, "black magic," quacks, and magic cures, the last thing we need is our esteemed Members of the Parliament peddling or supporting by associating snake oil to the gullible.
It is the purpose of this petition to,
1. To seek an explanation from Mr Naveen Jindal regarding his association with the unscrupulous product and clarify his actions of seemingly encouraging the peddling of snake oil to the masses
2. To humbly request Mr Naveen Jindal to support the much-needed fight against magical remedies, quackery, and related scams.
Further, if Mr Naveen Jindal feels convinced from his personal experience that the Tri-Vortex Technology is indeed beneficial, we seek that scientific and medical tests be run on the product to validate these claims.
After all, it is in staying with the spirit of the Constitution of India, specifically Article 51A(h) that every Indian citizen and of course the Government hold the duty to develop and promote scientific temper and do all in our power to prevent the gullible from being taken for a ride.
I request you to spend two minutes of your time to sign our petition asking the Hon. Member of Parliament to clarify his association with this unscrupulous product and humbly request him to support the much-needed fight against magical remedies, quackery, and related scams.
Thank you for your support.
- Hon. Member of Parliament, Republic of India
Mr Naveen Jindal
India is a country plagued by superstition, "black magic," quacks, and magic cures, and the last thing we need is our esteemed Member of the Parliament seemingly peddling or supporting by association the sale of "snake oil" to the gullible.
There is ample evidence online to the so-called "Tri-Vortex" products being pseudoscience and we implore on you to revisit your decision to associate with this product that may loot millions of our countrymen who may be gullible to the unproven tall claims.
One link that will interest you regarding the said product is given here:
Via this petition, it is our intent to,
1. Seek an explanation from you - Mr Naveen Jindal - regarding your association with the said product and ask you to clarify your actions of seemingly encouraging peddling of snake oil to the masses which may be deemed illegal under the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954.
2. To humbly request you - Mr Naveen Jindal - to support the much-needed fight against magical remedies, quackery, and related scams. We ask that you live up to Art. 51A(h) of the Indian Constitution and promote the development of scientific temper among the people.
We humbly request you to immediately disassociate and stop the promotion of these Tri-Vortex related products and magical cures.
If on the other hand you feel convinced to the amazing powers of this product you are promoting, based on personal experience or any other reasons, we humbly seek that scientific and medical tests be run on the product to validate these claims. This would be the least we could do to safeguard the interests of the people of the country who may buy the product just because your name is actively associated with it.
Thanking you in anticipation,
Nakul Shenoy started this petition with a single signature, and now has 189 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.