Stop McDonald's building a restaurant on London Road Carlisle
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
- Fast Food company McDonald's have submitted plans to Carlisle city council to open a third restaurant including a drive through. This submission is for the land on London Road opposite The Railway Inn. This piece of land is the site of the very first railway line and Station into the border city and one of the first to cross from East to west of the country. Lets not let this heritage site be ruined by an outside company Taking money away from the city.
- London Road already suffers from chronic traffic choas. The road inforstructure is not adequate to take any more traffic from the south heading into Carlisle.
- The planning application submitted also only states that stabilisation and security boarding of the building is to be carried out. So the actual aesthetics of the building or surrounding area will not be improved but actually worsened.
- Can I also remind you that when Burger king had a restaurant on a neighbouring retail park. The local Police force were often in attendance to move on youngsters from racing around the car park and roads. Putting a strain on the force sending officers out to this problem when there could be more of an issue or life and death emergency they would be needed far more.
- Litter would also be more of an issue. There is already enough litter scattered throughout London Road from the countless fast food restaurants that have been allowed to open further down London Road on Botchagate. Do we need more fast food restaurants. restaurants.?
- The government reminds us constantly about healthy eating. Looking after our health. Building more fast food restaurants is not the answer. This puts temptation in front of people. Encouraging childhood obesity and putting more strain on a failing NHS.
- Carlisle Council. Develop the land into a heritage site about the railway coming into Carlisle and other local businesses that have been allowed to slip away. Use it as a site to develop mechanical engineering skills of old. Make a tourist attraction from it. Britain is known for its heritage not its fast food restaurants.
- Promote tourism to the city. Let tourism bring money in not allow it to be taken by third parties
- Lets stand together and fight this.
Today: Jonathan is counting on you
Jonathan Hunt needs your help with “Stop McDonald's building a restaurant on London Road Carlisle”. Join Jonathan and 400 supporters today.