Stop high-rise development in low-rise neighbourhoods. Clifton Hill and Fitzroy North.
This petition had 245 supporters
Yarra City Council is considering proposals for up to 17‑storeys on Queens Parade and 5-storeys behind the Queens Parade Village and adjacent to our residential neighbourhood
Ask your Councillor what they stand for?
Council elections are on 22 Oct 2016 – now is the time to speak up
Stop high-rise development in low-rise neighbourhoods.
Yarra’s Vision and Labor promised to preserve our low-rise neighbourhood
Developers are snapping up properties on both sides of the Queens Parade Village for record prices
The 16-storey development proposal shown is for 476 new dwellings at 26-56 Queens Parade. It:
- would tower above and dominate the neighbouring 1-2 storey heritage homes
- includes licensed premises which will operate till 11pm
- is completely out of character with the surrounding neighbourhood
- includes reduced car parking but significant increase in traffic
The 5-storey development proposal shown is in the laneway at the rear of the village at 312-318 Queens Parade and McKean Street. It:
- was barely advertised – did you know about it?
- is in the Heritage Overlay
- would dominate the surrounding 1 to 2-storey neighbourhood
- is inaccessible by MFB fire trucks
- would add traffic and block the laneway for traders
- would create a precedent for Clifton Hill and Fitzroy North
The 17-storey development proposal shown at 249-261 Queens Parade will be the highest apartment tower ever built in a largely low-rise area
Today: Graham is counting on you
Graham Merrett needs your help with “Stop high-rise development in low-rise neighbourhoods. Clifton Hill and Fitzroy North.”. Join Graham and 244 supporters today.