REJECT BOARDING HOUSES. REMOVE "BOARDING HOUSES" & SENIORS FROM LEPS, & DCPS & R2 ZONES
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
WE WANT COUNCIL AND THE DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING TO REMOVE "BOARDING HOUSES" & "SENIORS HOUSING" FROM R2 ZONES IN THE SEPP, COUNCIL'S LEPS, & DCPS
WHY: SO THAT HIGH DENSITY APARTMENT'S CANT BE BUILT IN QUIET R2 ZONED RESIDENTIAL STREETS (THAT'S NEXT DOOR TO YOU!)
This could happen in your street ! Keep your Green Spaces and quiet streets!
Support us to get NSW Govt to change SEPP Affordable Housing legislation and to stop inappropriate boarding house developments in quiet residential streets.
We are in discussions with the Department of Planning, our Local Members and Council to push for changes to the SEPP boarding house legislation as well as Council's planning policies the LEP's, and DCP's, so that a 100 room boarding house like the one Glady's Avenue, Frenchs Forest, does not pop-up next door to your house anytime soon. Sign the petition and send a message to Hon. Minister for Planning Anthony Roberts that we don’t want boarding houses, over-development and loss of green spaces in our low density residential suburbs. We want wildlife corridors protected as well. Say no to over-development like seniors housing being built on wildlife corridors which contain protected species.
Read more at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sayNOtoboardinghouses/
IF THIS HAPPENS TO US IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU TO!!!!
- Please sign this petition so we can lobby State Members and Decision Makers to stop this DA going ahead and others like it.
- We ARE against State Government Laws and Policy being exploited by greedy developers under the disguise of affordable housing/boarding houses.
- Remove boarding houses and seniors housing from Council LEP's in R2 zones.
- Remove boarding houses and seniors housing from SEPP in R2 zones.
- Make 0.5 car parking change retrospective ie: apply to current DA's as well as new ones.
- This is not affordable housing its micro-apartments rented at $450-$500 per week for 3 month periods then sold in 10 years for $500k a pop.
- We want SEPP Law Halted until the loop hole is fixed. We want all current and future DA's of this kind halted. We want a Multi-Council Moratorium on this issue.
- This is out-of-character for the street, due to excessive density.
- This will cause traffic congestion chaos and devalue properties.
- The rent on the boarding house wont be capped so isn't "affordable housing", it's a profit spinner for the developer and a nightmare for everyone else.
- This DA is proposed for a low density residential zoned area.
- The DA is exploiting a current loophole in the SEPP laws which enables these builds to go ahead in unsuitable areas.
- No affordable housing DA's should be considered or approved until the State Government has FIXED, completed and published the new SEPP laws which are under review.
- This DA is being proposed in the new Northern Beaches Hospital Priority Precinct but is NOT part of the Precinct Structure Plan being done by Council Town Planners.
- Developers get council decisions quashed in the Land and Environment Court even if Council rejects it.
- This is happening across the State in may quiet suburb streets. This is everyone's problem.
LOCAL RESIDENTS ARE FEED-UP WITH DEVELOPERS RUINING OUR AUSTRALIAN DREAM "THE FAMILY HOME, THE FAMILY STREET"
Today: Northern Beaches Hospital Community Forum is counting on you
Northern Beaches Hospital Community Forum needs your help with “STOP HIGH DENSITY MICRO-APARTMENTS DISGUISED AS BOARDING HOUSE'S FROM BEING BUILT ON THE NORTHERN BEACHES IN R2 ZONES - HALT & FIX THE SEPP LAW PLEASE! This is NOT affordable housing. This is developers exploiting loopholes in AH SEPP laws for profit.”. Join Northern Beaches Hospital Community Forum and 446 supporters today.