Stop High-density Development Destroying Our Suburbs
This petition made change with 326 supporters!
STOP HIGH-DENSITY DEVELOPMENT DESTROYING OUR SUBURBS
Without consulting us, The City of Joondalup passed Amendment No.73 to TRIPLE the number of dwellings in family suburbs. The HOA policy promotes multi-storey apartments and high-density infill with:
- NO Additional infrastructure.
- NO Opportunities for extra shops, restaurants, medical practices etc.
- NO Additional amenities like schools and community facilities.
- NO Feasibility studies to make sure the areas can cope with new density targets.
- NO demands for Developer Contribution Plans so rate payers now have to pick up the tab for the extra services that these new developments will eventually need.
Streets that were designed for R20 now have R40 and R60 development - and it doesn’t fit! Every week our neighbourhoods are being ruined: single family homes are being replaced by up to 21 apartments, trees are disappearing forever and our verges are being gifted to developers for parking.
Didn’t get a letter about this? The City of Joondalup voted against sending you one!
STOP the destruction and SIGN
Our petition is calling for Planning Minister Hon. Rita Saffioti to stop The City of Joondalup’s failed strategy by:
- Placing an immediate moratorium on Amendment No. 73.
- Demanding a new, fair and transparent Local Housing Strategy (LHS) is developed via proper community consultation.
- Stopping the new Local Planning Strategy (LPS3) until the new LHS is incorporated into it.
Need more information? Join our Facebook page Build Better Burbs!
Today: Moira is counting on you
Moira Greenhalgh needs your help with “Stop High-density Development Destroying Our Suburbs”. Join Moira and 325 supporters today.