Stop animals being poisoned by antifreeze.

Stop animals being poisoned by antifreeze.

0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
At 200 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Stuart Robson started this petition to Chemical manufacturers, Government and animal welfare organisations.

Antifreeze is very harmful to animals and more often than not is fatal, a small amount is enough to kill a beloved pet.

Many animals are attracted to the sweet taste of antifreeze and won't hesitate to lap it up.

A cat just needs to get some on its paw and while grooming itself, lick it off to kill it, a thirsty medium size dog needs to consume just 5 tablespoons to suffer a painful death.

Ethylene glycol is the content which when in the body causes severe kidney damage, a slow agonising death, vomiting, struggling to breathe, lameness, the only humane thing is it euthanise the animal to end the suffering.

I've had it happen to 3 of my cats, 2 of whom made it home another found by a dog walker, 2 in one day put down and another we never got to say goodbye to, heartbreaking for us all, even more so knowing it was done deliberately by an allotment owner to keep cats away.

8 cats in my village have been in killed this way in the space of a month, all in close proximity to each other.

If antifreeze is to continue to be sold then it must contain a bitterant additive to discourage pets and other animals from consuming it and avoiding many needless deaths from poisoning.

Rest in peace Tyson, Dibs and Whisper. Gone but not forgotten

 

0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
At 200 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!