A timeline of events is the best way to tell *August’s story in a clear and orderly fashion. She is under the age of 18 so she will go by the name (August) to protect her identity. Some of the witnesses are under age as well so their names will be protected…..for now.
August= August rape victim
TM= Assaulter #1 (currently held)
MR= Assaulter #2 (currently held)
Witness #1= current Steubenville High School student (football player)
Witness #2= current Steubenville High School student (wrestler)
Witness #5= current Steubenville High School student (football player
Alleged rape occurs (2nd reported rape, still under investigation but happened before August 2012 rape.
August 11th into August 12th, 2012
Party 1- Larger party of 30-50 present with underage drinking occurring
-Steubenville Volunteer Coach arrives home and kicks all partygoers out ending the party.
Party 2- Smaller group of partygoers go to another student’s house
August is sexually assaulted by TM in the car on the way to party #3. This incident was recorded by Witness #1 and shown to Witness #2 when they entered Party #3. Source: http://www.hsconnect.com/page/content.co...?nav=5010)
Party 3- Witness #1’s house; party with underage drinking and no parent home at the time. Witness #2 in his sworn testimony took a picture of the victim while she was unresponsive and naked on the floor of Witness #1’s house. MR was lying beside the victim performing a sexual act and TM was smacking his penis on her side
**See Prinnie link (Screenshots to see tweets during this time)
In these screenshots you will be introduced to Michael Nodianos, who seems to be giving a play by play of the assault via his twitter. August’s ex-boyfriend is retweeting most of these disgusting and vile tweets seemingly enjoying it.
Witness #5 uploads a video titled "Nody Wylin about a dead girl" onto YouTube. It was deleted two days after being uploaded.
Early a.m. August 12th, 2012
Victim's father received a message from August’s ex-boyfriend with a picture of his daughter being carried by TM and MR with the statement "Look at your whore daughter now." See thread "See what Steubenville scumbags thought was so funny for blacked, out version." http://prinniefied.com/board/thread-140.html
Victim's father received the raw version, no blurry or blackouts.
** See tweets for more detail of what occurred during the assault that night.
August 12th, 2012
Victim regains consciousness enough to give passcode to her cellphone. A call is placed to the victim's father to come and get his daughter.
Victim is picked up by her father and taken to the hospital.
August 13, 2012
TM sends a naked picture of victim from the following night to Witness #2
TM also takes to twitter to tweet " I'm so mad like I'm gonna get in so much so for doing a favor forreal." https://twitter.com/TrentMays_12
(Favor for August’s ex-boyfriend to destroy his ex since "Noone breaks up with *August’s ex boyfriend?)
August 14th, 2012
Victim’s family files report of rape to Steubenville Police Department
Sometime between August 20-22??, 2012
Cellphones seized to be analyzed for evidence including 15 phones and 2 IPads
-BCI analyst testified on October 12, 2012 that any deleted data from the Iphones, Ipads could not be recovered due to encryption codes being too difficult once they are deleted.
August 22, 2012
Two students (MR and TM) arrested
August 24, 2012
Criminal charges were officially filed against TM, 16, of Bloomingdale charging him with one count of rape, one count of kidnapping and one count of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material.
Also formally charged Friday was MR, 16, of Steubenville who faces one count of rape and one count of kidnapping.
August 27, 2012
Judge Sam Kerr recuses himself from the case
Jefferson County Prosecutor Jane Hanlin recuses herself from the case due to knowing some of the those involved on a “Personal Level”. Mrs. Hanlin investigated this case for the first two weeks before handing it over to special prosecutors or other prosecuting attorney’s within her department.
Marianne Hemmeter and Jennifer Brumby from the Attorney General’s Office Crimes Against Children Unit are appointed to the case.
August 30, 2012
Judge Thomas Raymond Lipps appointed to the case.
September 3-4, 2012
2nd rape reported (happened in April)
September 14, 2012
Probable cause hearing continued so Special Prosecutor’s from the Attorney General’s office can get more information
First week of October 2012
August’s ex-boyfriend parents and MR’s parents were seen at lunch together at a Chinese Restaurant on University Blvd. in Steubenville.
October 12, 2012
Probable cause hearing turns into closure hearing to allow/exclude media into further proceedings
Judge grants the media access to all future proceedings
Probable cause hearing proceeds with: Joann Gibb, a computer forensic specialist for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation, Witness #1 (Student/FB player SHS) , Witness #2 (Student/Wrestler SHS) , Steubenville police detective J.P. Riegaud and Witness #5 (Student/FB player SHS) testify under oath.
October 15, 2012
Witness #1, Witness #2 and Witness #5 suspended from all extra curricular activities at Steubenville High School indefinitely.
Case continued until November 1, 2012
- Superintendent, Steubenville City Schools
- Head Football Coach, Steubenville High School
- Commissioner OHSAA
Daniel B. Ross, Ph.D.
I am writing in support of the petition to bring the Steubenville High School Big Red Athletes to justice for their participation in the August 2012 gang rape of a young girl. I am deeply disturbed by the way the rape allegations against three football players and one wrestler are currently being handled by the presiding coach, the Board of Education and Prosecutor Jane Hanlin before handing it over to the special prosecutors; it is clear that Steubenville Law enforcement and Steubenville High School-Big Red Football has a problem with the adulation of school athletes, rape culture, consistent prosecutorial duties and inadequate policies regarding sexual assault.
1.We demand OHSAA, Steubenville Board of Education and anyone else higher up to investigate all allegations of sexual violence regarding the current Steubenville High School Big Red Athletes who witnessed and swore under oath their conduct in the August 2012 gang rape. This would include all tweets, Youtube Uploads and pictures taken regarding the assault.
2. We Demand Steubenville High School to adequately inform students of their right to take legal and/or judicial action in the event of a sexual assault. Additionally, Steubenville High School must ensure that with regard to sexual assault cases, any current athletes that may be investigated for such a crime are immediately suspended from all extra curricular activities until the investigation is concluded.
3. We demand that Steubenville High School declare to all students in writing a zero tolerance policy for sexual assault, harassment, or coercion.
4. Mandatory annual sexual assault education for student athletes and coaches. This program should be modeled after similar athlete education programs throughout the country.
5. We demand that the accused football players that participated in, witnessed, took pictures or video as well as masterminded the assault be removed from all athletic teams.
6. We demand that Steubenville High School issue a public apology to the survivor (unnamed).
7. We demand that Reno Saccoccia (current Head Football Coach at Steubenville High School- Big Red) publicly apologize to the survivor (unnamed) for his and his staff inability and failure to act and speak out.
8. We demand that Steubenville High School Superintendent Michael McVey admit there is a rape culture and excessive adulation of male athletes present at Steubenville High School.
9. We demand that the student presently at The Ohio State University- Columbus, Ohio (for right now, unnammed) be brought back to Steubenville, Oh to face charges regarding his tweets regarding the sexual assault as well as the now deleted Youtube video that he is present in.
10. We demand for the FBI- Cincinnati office to get involved in the recovery of the photos and videos regarding this assault.
11. We demand that federal government investigate the two weeks before the special prosecutor's were given the case for possible corruption, mishandling of evidence and loss of evidence from all Iphone and Ipads confiscated.
E C started this petition with a single signature, and now has 169 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.