Stenos Want Answers
Stenos Want Answers
ATTENTION: All Stenograph CaseCatalyst software users.
1000-Plus Signatures Needed
Sign the Petition If You’ve Had Enough and Don’t Want to Take It Anymore
Our request is VERY simple:
We would like Stenograph to participate in an open forum - with all our steno nation present - in a Town Hall meeting to openly and transparently address our questions/concerns so we can make informed choices going forward. These reasonable questions/concerns have been ignored by the CEO and the company and we are deeply concerned.
Comments/questions on social media have been turned off by Stenograph and deleted. These are questions hard working stenographers want answers to.
Topics include the following:
* We have not seen productive software updates in quite some time. What is in the pipeline for supporting and updating the software and hardware stenographers utilize?
* Who are the people or departments in your corporation focused on us and who is your top developer for new stenographic technology?
* What percentage of your effort is focused on continuing to develop cutting-edge products for stenographers?
* Why are your servers always having disconnect issues?
* Why are support hold times so long and many times your reps are unable to fix our issues or say “we don’t support that”?
* Can you outline specifically what are we getting with our expensive support contract?
* Can you provide transparency of your alignment and participation with organizations such AAERT, STTI, FTR, et al and sponsoring AAERT’s annual meeting and why you have abandoned your presence with NCRA and DO NOT sponsor NCRA’s Business Summit and discontinued ads in the JCR?
* Are you funded by the companies/organizations on STAR’s board who actively promote digital?
* Why isn’t there more showcasing of the huge enrollment of steno students countrywide and the steno schools and the 703 new reporters California gained since the Ducker study?
* Your focus seems to have fully shifted towards digital with steno a distant afterthought. Would you consider this a true statement?
* Why is Stenograph openly only promoting and marketing digital reporting?
We are told by your reps that we are a “priority.” But we never see promotional videos/ads/podcasts of the gold standard stenographer showcasing their remarkable skills. Can you explain this?
There are major recruitment efforts occurring countrywide with NCRA, state
associations, and individual stenographers to get the younger generation excited about enrolling into steno schools and getting students into top-notch steno programs addressing any shortage, and they are successful.
We are in high schools and trade schools making presentations/representations showcasing steno to the next generation, and we want to ensure our vendors are truly supporting new and veteran stenographers.
We look forward to uniting with our incredible fellow steno associations and their membership countrywide.
Sign the Petition and Steno ON!