- Steamboat Springs
Support Steamboat Creative District
What is a Creative District?
- A geographically contiguous area designated by Colorado Creative Industries and distinguished by physical, artistic, and cultural resources that play a vital role in quality of life. The district will be engaged in the promotion, preservation and educational aspects of arts and culture.
Why do we want it?
- stronger arts identity and community connection (sectors of tourism, economic development, government advocacy, business, artisans and non-profits working towards shared goals)
- eligibility to apply for competitive Colorado Creates grants (up to $10,000)
- recognition from the state
- access to the state office of economic development
- national and state wide marketing, advertising, and social media opportunities
- distinctive signage
- access to economic impact data
- trainings, mentoring, coaching, consulting on a variety of topics including strategic planning, marketing, branding, community engagement, history and heritage from world renowned consultants
How do we get it?
- go through the 3-phase application process, exhibit community buy-in and local government support, communicate unique district characteristics, have a strategic plan
- For more on requirements visit: coloradocreativeindustries.org
Colorado Creative Industries goals:
- increase funding for creatives
- increase exposure to professional development
- promote Colorado as a creative hub
- increase access to arts and education
- increase government support for creatives
Today: Kim is counting on you
Kim Keith needs your help with “Steamboat Springs - Community: Support Creative District”. Join Kim and 651 supporters today.