DO NOT CLOSE Connecticut's Old State House
This petition had 18 supporters
Connecticut's Old State House, one of America's Cradles, CLOSES, "till further notice" Thursday June 30, 2016.
The outcry demands action to save this historic gem - once our seat of government in Connecticut. See the links that follow for more data, but THIS VIDEO tells the Old State House story well in just a minute.
We can fix this crisis ! See the bulletted list that follows here.
It's even easy! Sign this petition to our leaders, to start. IN the photo here, the golden statue of JUSTICE is barely visible....Symbolic no? We can do better! Let's !
See breaking news item here http://www.courant.com/business/hc-old-state-house-close-20160628-story.html
State Departments - OLM and DEEP and others in power postions just completed a renovation of the building and there is NO REASON why it cannot earn its keep if DEVELOPED COMPETENTLY . Make them cut it out and honor this historic site with the continuation of life forever that it has earned.
WAYS TO FIX : many of these are already done, and only need a big vitamin to be done so that they WORK to support the place.
- It can be made a National Trust or
- purchased by a private group and
- used EFFECTIVELY for formal events for top fees.....
- The famous artists top floor could be the elegant gallery Hartford might enjoy - or even become, in every way,
- Adjunct to the nearby Wadsworth Atheneum
- A school! For history studies, for new Americans, as ALL were who originally strolled its grounds. Some teaching already exists there
- A bigmoney PRIVATE project for elegant private research! Egad! this is Connecticut! It's a no-brainer for our elegant and wonderful State. So let's fix this!
Please visit the Old State House site at https://www.cga.ct.gov/osh/
This location WAS our capitol and the only formal building for miles around , with a farmers market on the ground floor and the Government business and Courtrooms on the upper floors.
Today: Elle Smith is counting on you
Elle Smith Fagan needs your help with “State of Connecticut: DO NOT CLOSE Connecticut's Old State House”. Join Elle Smith and 17 supporters today.