The self proclaimed budget balancing pundits of both political parties have yet to tell us where the money is coming from? Could this be because both potties have only the rich as our "representatives"? We the peons need our pittances from Social Security, SSI, UI or other benefits pending jobs for those of us who are able to work. Some of us are living on food stamps, government surplus food, or cat food - meow! Plus, the Republicans have formed what has been dubbed the "Catfood Commission" regarding how to feed senior citizens - double meow!!!
One place that the money could come from would be to rescind the Bush tax cuts for the rich, close the corporate loopholes and reinstate the estate tax, which the super rich have labeled the "death tax" because it would be death for them becoming billionaires! I understand that these taxes are still fairly unpopular according to the polls, but an increasing number of Americans are "smelling the coffee" and are in favor of them. As, less than 1% of Americans would be affected by these proposed tax changes, it makes economic sense for the other 99% of us to tax the rich We need to be voting on our "bread and butter" issues on this matter!
It appears that many, if not most, Americans believe what they see on TV or in political ads without checking the facts for themselves. Don't listen to the whining from the likes of John Boehner and Mitch McConnell about how taxing the rich is "class warfare" when it was the rich who started the class warfare, but lining their pockets exorbitantly at the expense of the poor, middle class, elderly, disabled, women and children. And, don't buy the Flat Earth Mad Tea Party nonsense about how taxing the large corporations their fair share would hurt the "job creators." Where are these "job creators" creating jobs? They are creating these jobs in third world companies using child and slave labor in factories that would never pass an OSHA inspection!
We the peons (the 99%) have been deluded long enough! You don't send your sons and daughters to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan, so why are you asking our children to go there? Your sons and daughters smoke pot and sniff coke with impunity at their expensive, private colleges, so why should my children go to prison for the same offense and have criminal records for life?
We the peons know that we are little more than factory farm animals in the corporate enterprises. You take your directions from the super rich and the large corporations, because this is where you can get substantial campaign contributions and where you will be employed upon retirement from "public service."
You can fool almost all of the people some of the time and some of the people virtually all of the time. Sooner or later ordinary Americans are going to get tired of the endless wars and recessions and ask themselves how much different the Democrats are from the Republicans?
Thus far Obama has made lots of nice speeches, including his latest one about how there will be no cuts to essential human services on his watch without corresponding tax increases for those most able to pay, but some of us wonder if this speech will be followed by substantive changes? It seems to be hard to believe that he couldn't pass more of his agenda, including real health care reform, when the Democrats had the majority.
Perhaps it's time for a third party, or for the workers and students to shut this country down, as the French did during Fall 2010 and many Arab nations did during 2011?
Andrew Heugel started this petition with a single signature, and now has 578 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.