Start Compulsory Painter's Registration in Victoria
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
The painting industry in Victoria is completely unregulated. Every year hundreds of Victorians are ripped off by unqualified and unscrupulous painters.
In addition, untrained painting contractors risk the health of the community, by exposing them to lead paint and asbestos dust during the preparation stages of painting works.
Poor quality workmanship costs the Victorian economy millions of dollars in defect rectifications every year, and untold thousands in health costs arising from lead paint and asbestos exposure.
The Victorian painting industry supports the following model:
- registration should be limited to qualified painters
- Certificate III Painting and Decorating (or equivalent) and completion of the short business course BSBSMB401A Establish Legal and Risk Requirements of Small Business should be the minimum qualification
- registration should be required for any work over $1000
- registration should be required for companies, sole traders and supervisors
- Interstate licenses should be recognised in Victoria
- Registration to cost less than $200 per year
Today: National Institute of Painting and Decorating is counting on you
National Institute of Painting and Decorating needs your help with “Start Painter's Registration in Victoria”. Join National Institute of Painting and Decorating and 174 supporters today.