Restaurants on Washington strip with single occupant bathrooms should be gender neutral!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
The following restaurants, which are restaurants on or near Washington Avenue in the University of Minnesota Twin Cities' area: Bona Vietnamese Restaurant, Brueggers, Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers, Hong Kong Noodle, Jimmy John's, Lao Sze Chuan, Little Sze Chuan, Naf Naf Grill, Noodles & Company, Sidewalk Kitchen, and Sprout Salad Company, have two single occupant bathrooms; one is for men and the other is for women. I propose that these bathrooms become gender neutral bathrooms for the following reasons:
- Not everyone identifies as a man nor a woman. By having gender neutral bathrooms, it relinquishes the gender binary in place.
- This specific location has/has had quite a few queer workers. They, including myself, specially request the bathrooms be changed.
- Customers, who are unwilling to use the opposite gendered bathroom, have to wait for the person in front of them to be finished. Having two gender neutral bathrooms eliminates this issue.
- Parents, who have children of a different gender, would be able to bring their child with them to the bathroom without disturbing the gender-based rule.
- People with caregivers or personal attendants that are of a different gender will be able to go to the bathroom together without disturbing the gender-based rule.
- The only difference between the two bathrooms is that the women's bathroom has a disposal for feminine products. If the bathrooms are changed to being gender neutral, they would have to install the same disposal for the other bathroom.
The following restaurants, which are restaurants on or near Washington Avenue in the University of Minnesota Twin Cities' area: Applebee's Grill & Bar, Bambu Desserts & Drinks, Blaze Pizza, Caribou Coffee, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Korea Restaurant, Kung Fu Tea, Sencha Tea Bar, Starbucks Coffee Company, and Punch Neapolitan Pizza, have gender neutral single occupant bathrooms. Some of these restaurants may have one bathroom, two bathrooms, or two gender neutral bathrooms and other gendered single occupant bathrooms.
There are many businesses that have gender neutral single occupant bathrooms, and are not affected by this. Having gender neutrality for these single occupant bathrooms at these specific locations only betters the livelihood of the customers and the workers of the restaurant as a whole. We all use the same toilet paper, water, soap, and paper towel/dryer, and implementing gender neutral bathrooms will create a more efficient and mindful space for all.
Goal Signatures: 500
Today: Jonathan is counting on you
Jonathan Roberts needs your help with “Sprout: Restaurants on Washington strip with single occupant bathrooms should be gender! neutral”. Join Jonathan and 52 supporters today.