#Justice4SikhGirl #JusticeforSikhGirl

Reasons for signing

See why other supporters are signing, why this petition is important to them, and share your reason for signing (this will mean a lot to the starter of the petition).

Thanks for adding your voice.

Amit Sinha
1 year ago
Let there be a speedy trial and punishment to set a deterring example. The culprits should be profile-typed and anyone else matching such profiles should be provided mandatory rehabilitation.

Thanks for adding your voice.

Anita Kanitz
2 years ago
“Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.”
― Maya Angelou

Misogyny has many faces: femicide, female infanticide and foeticide, child and forced marriages, rape culture, gang rapes, mass and war rapes, FGM, dowry murder, honour killings, acid attacks, sex slavery and sex trafficking, forced and child prostitution, sadistic and misogynist pornography, sexual and domestic violence connected with murder, sexual harassment connected with street harassment and workplace harassment, sadistic and sexual stalking, online harassment and online stalking, witch hunts, widow murder, punishment and victim blaming of female victims, connected with lynching, executions, lashing, stoning and imprisonment, violence during child births, denied human rights and education, forced dress codes like the burqa and chador, sexism and misogyny on the media and the social media and in the society, abductions of female childs and girls connected with gang rapes, mass rapes, forced marriages and sex slavery.

Sad and heartbreaking cases:

Noura Hussein, Sudan:

Noura Hussein Hammad is a Sudanese woman who was sentenced to death by hanging on 10 May 2018 for killing her husband in self defense after he raped her. The day before she was raped and abused by him together with his male relatives. Hussein's legal team was given two weeks to appeal the sentence. In June 2018, Sudan commuted her sentence to five years in prison and a restitution payment of 337,000 Sudanese pounds (US $18,700).

She was forced into marriage at age 18 (some sources say 19); the marriage was arranged when she was 15. The defendant claimed the rape occurred while she was restrained by her husband's family members immediately after her marriage. The husband's family declined opportunities to pardon Hussein or accept financial compensation in lieu of her execution. The case caused worldwide outrage for the extreme disparity in justice for Noura and her rapist.

Protests against her sentence:

More than a million people, as of 24 May 2018, signed a petition "Justice for Noura" against her execution. Amnesty International issued a statement, according to which Noura is a victim and the sentence "an intolerable act of cruelty". The death penalty highlights the failure of the Sudanese authorities to tackle child marriage, forced marriage and marital rape, AI said. The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, UN Women, the United Nations Population Fund and the UN Office of the Special Adviser on Africa have all called for clemency while Secretary-General of the United Nations António Guterres voiced his opposition to the sentence through a spokesman. More recently, the court in Sudan overturned Noura's death sentence, instead subjecting her to a 5 year prison sentence and a fine.

The other sad case:
Dina Ali Lasloom, Saud Arabis, Born 29 March 1993, a very young woman,Disappeared 12 April 2017 in
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Status: Believed to be in a Saudi women's prison, released to male guardians, or deceased, some human right defenders are believing she was murdered in a cruel way by her male relatives.
Nationality Saudi Arabian
Occupation English Teacher in Kuwait
Known for Attempting to flee Saudi Arabian male guardianship
Movement Women's Rights In Saudi Arabia

Dina Ali Lasloom is a Saudi woman who attempted to seek asylum in Australia to escape Saudi guardianship laws. She was stopped during transit at Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila on 10 April 2017, and sent back to Saudi Arabia on 11 April 2017.
Lasloom's documents were confiscated by Filipino airport officials in the International Zone. Her case spread widely on social media after she recorded a video with the help of a Canadian tourist at the Manila airport, in which she said she feared her family would kill her if she returned. However, despite physically resisting, she was forcibly taken onto a plane by her uncles on 11 April 2017, to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.[
This is a rare documented case in the history of female liberation in Saudi Arabia, bearing many parallels to that of Princess Misha'al. Taleb Al Abdulmohsen, a self-described ex-Muslim who aids people attempting to flee Saudi Arabia, said that Lasloom did not disclose her beliefs or circumstances to him; however, most of those who seek his counsel are domestic violence victims, gay or have rejected Islam.
Madawi al-Rasheed, a visiting professor at the London School of Economics Middle East Centre, commented that Lasloom's case is "a classic... in which state and family cooperate against women in KSA." Reasons pushing Saudi women to flee their country are various, mostly stemming from a severe lack of women rights. Females in Saudi Arabia are all in a living hell of life long enslavement, forced slavery and child marriages, and in some parts of the country even of FGM. They all have no human rights and less rights than animals.

Murder of April Jones:

April Sue-Lyn Jones (4 April 2007[3] – c. 1 October 2012) was a child murder victim in Wales, UK.

April, from Machynlleth, Powys, Wales, who was aged five, disappeared on 1 October 2012, after being sighted willingly getting into a vehicle near her home. Her disappearance generated a large amount of national and international press coverage. A 46-year-old local man, Mark Bridger, was subsequently arrested and charged with Jones' abduction and murder.

On 30 May 2013, Bridger was found guilty of April's abduction and murder, in addition to perverting the course of justice. He was sentenced to life imprisonment, with the trial judge ordering that he never be released from prison.
The trial of Mark Bridger. a sadistic child porn lover, began on 29 April 2013 before judge Mr. Justice Griffith-Williams. A forensic expert told the court that fragments of human bone consistent with a "younger individual" had been found in the fireplace of Bridger's cottage. Blood found in several parts of the cottage was matched to April's DNA. In his defence, Bridger claimed that he had accidentally run over April in his car and could not remember disposing of her body due to alcohol and panic. On 29 May the judge concluded his summing-up, and then ordered the jury to retire to consider its verdicts. On 30 May 2013, Bridger was found guilty of abduction, murder, and perverting the course of justice. Later that day, he was sentenced to life imprisonment with a whole-life tariff, having been called a "pathological liar" and "a paedophile" by the judge.

After the verdict, it was revealed that Bridger had confessed to the Strangeways' prison chaplain that he had disposed of April's body in the fast-flowing Dulas, which flows past Bridger's house before terminating in the River Dovey near Machynlleth. Dyfed-Powys Police have said they doubt Bridger's claims and believe he scattered April's remains across the countryside near his house.

In July 2013, while serving his sentence, Bridger was attacked by a fellow prisoner with an improvised shank, resulting in facial and throat injuries, for which he received stitches. In December 2013, Bridger launched an appeal against his whole-life sentence, but dropped the appeal in January 2014.Although her body was never found, 17 fragments of bone were recovered from the fireplace in Bridger's cottage. The funeral service for April Jones was held in Machynlleth on 26 September 2013.Changes to web search engines:
After Bridger's arrest, police discovered an extensive collection of child abuse material on his computer.
In November 2013, partly after campaigning by Jones's parents, the search engines Google and Bing modified their systems to block results from searches aimed at producing child abuse images.
House in Machynlleth:
On 4 August 2014, it was announced that the cottage in Ceinws, Powys, where April is believed to have been killed, had been purchased by the Welsh government for £149,000. The cottage was demolished in November 2014. April's family watched the house being demolished. On 8 October 2012, a 19-year-old male from Chorley in Lancashire pleaded guilty to sending a grossly offensive message and for posting comments about Jones and Madeleine McCann on his Facebook page, an offence under section 127 (1)a of the Communications Act 2003. He was sentenced to 12 weeks' imprisonment in a Young Offender Institution. In a separate case, an 18-year-old male from Worcester, who posted his opinions about the case on his Facebook page, was given a six-week suspended prison sentence on 7 November, and ordered to do 200 hours of community service.

Murder of Oksana Makar:

The murder of Oksana Makar took place in March 2012 in Ukraine, garnering extensive media coverage both at home and abroad and leading to mass protests. Oksana Makar, aged 18, was attacked by three men in the city of Mykolaiv on 8 March 2012: she was raped, strangled, set alight and left to die, though she survived another three weeks after being taken to hospital. Her case became a cause célèbre in Ukraine when only one of the attackers was charged by the police. The other two, whose parents were reported to be former government officials, were released on police bail, allegedly because of the personal connections of their parents. They were later rearrested after a public outcry, and mass protests on 13 March. Protests demanding justice, to gather funds and encourage blood donations continued after the arrest as well.
Oksana Serhiyivna Makar (Макар, 11 June 1993 – 29 March 2012) spent a significant part of her childhood in an orphanage after both her father and her stepfather were imprisoned for dealing drugs and her mother was convicted of robbery and sentenced to three years. She completed only six years of schooling, ran away from the orphanage, and lived by herself at various locations being abandoned by her parents and engaged in petty theft and prostitution from the age of 11.

The culprits:

Yevgeny Krasnoshchok:

Yevgeny Krasnoshchok (the main suspect) left home at 17, and worked in various low ranking jobs. He lived in a hostel with his wife and two-year-old daughter. Krasnoshchok has remained in police custody since his arrest on 11 March.

Maxim Prisyazhnyuk:

Maxim Prisyazhnyuk worked as a lawyer in the Department of Culture for the Mykolaiv City Council. His adopted mother was a head of the Yelanetsk District council prior to her retirement in 2009 (Yelanetsk is located 60 miles from Mykolaiv. Prisyazhnyuk was arrested on 11 March 2012, released on police bail and rearrested following public protests by Femen. Prisyazhnyuk had been a member of the youth wing of the Party of Regions, but had been expelled from their ranks in 2010. Prisyazhnyuk then continued his political career as a member of the United Centre but, according to that party, he had never been a member and had only worked with them on a voluntary basis during the 2010 local elections.

Artem Pogasyan:

It was initially reported that Artem Pogasyan's father worked in the past as a senior official in the district prosecutor’s office in Mykolaiv. According to the police his father worked as a manual laborer and died in January 2012 and his mother is a librarian. Pogasyan was arrested on 11 March 2012, released on police bail, and rearrested following public protests.


Makar, aged 18, was attacked, allegedly by three men, in Mykolaiv in the south of Ukraine on the night of 8–9 March 2012. There are conflicting accounts on the details of how the suspects and victim knew each other and what occurred on the evening of the murder, but it is not disputed that Makar met at least two of her attackers in the Rybka, a pub in Mykolaiv, and they all went to an apartment belonging to one of the alleged attackers. It has been alleged that Prisyazhnyuk knew Makar before they met on 8 March and planned the crime although this has been denied by Makar's mother. Three men raped Makar at the apartment and attempted to strangle her with a cord. After that, they took Makar who was barely conscious, moved her to a nearby construction site, wrapped her in a blanket and set her on fire that was burning during the whole night. She was discovered the next morning, still conscious, by a passing motorist and taken to a hospital. She had suffered burns to 55 percent of her body and received lung damage due to smoke inhalation.
Medical response and death:

Makar was transferred to the Donetsk Burn Center, a modern medical institution with an international reputation where a Swiss surgeon operated on her. Her right arm and both of her feet had to be amputated to stop gangrene from spreading.

On 29 March 2012, Makar died from her injuries. She was buried on 30 March in Luch. Since she died unmarried, she was buried in a wedding dress, in accordance with local tradition.
Investigation and trial:

This section needs to be updated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. (November 2012)

Three men – Yevgeny Krasnoshchok, 23, Maxim Prisyazhnyuk, 24, and Artem Pogasyan, 22 – were arrested on 11 March, but Prisyazhnyuk and Pogasyan were released on police bail. Shortly thereafter it was claimed in the media that the parents of Prisyazhnyuk and Pogasyan were ex-government officials from the Mykolaiv area and were connected to local politicians. It was reported that Prisyazhnyuk is the adopted son of a former head of district council and Pogasyan is the son of the regional prosecutor. In their statement the police have confirmed the claim in respect of Prisyazhnyuk but stated that Pogasyan's mother is a librarian and his father was a manual laborer before his death in January 2012. After protests on the streets of Mykolaiv and other cities against the police bail of Prisyazhnyuk and Pogasyan, Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych intervened and an investigating team from Kiev, Ukraine's capital, then visited Mykolaiv. The two suspects released on police bail were re-arrested, and at least four local law-enforcement officials were sacked.

On 29 March an Ministry of Internal Affairs spokesman announced that all three men had been charged with Oksana Makar's rape and murder and faced life in jail.

On May 24, 2012, an open court trial on the case began at Mykolaiv's Tsentralnyi Raion court. During the trial Prysiazhniuk claimed that the sex with Makar was on mutual consent. He and Pogosian claimed that it was Krasnoshchiok who smothered the girl and then raped her again; Prysiazhniuk and Pogosian believed she was already dead when they carried her to the basement. On 30 October 2012 the prosecutor called for a life sentence for Krasnoshchiok, 15 years of imprisonment for Prysiazhniuk and 14 years of imprisonment for Pogosyan.
Public response!
Protest in support of Makar on 15 March 2012 in Mykolaiv!

The actions of the police were deeply criticised by the media and led to public protests in Mykolaiv, Kharkiv, Lviv and Odessa. The death of Makar was linked with so-called "bigwig crimes": crimes committed by either the children of public officials or by officials themselves. According to victim’s mother, Tatiana Surovitskaya, her connections within one of the central TV channels in Ukraine helped to ensure widespread initial media coverage. Surovitskaya posted a footage of Makar in hospital after medics had been forced to amputate one of her arms and both her feet on YouTube (these amputations can clearly be seen on the video) two weeks after the attack.

Ukrainian billionaire and member of parliament Renat Akhmetov had aided the transfer of Makar to the Donetsk Burn Center and also paid for the Swiss surgeon.

The Governor of the Mykolaiv province, Nikolai Kruglov blamed among the others the family of the injured girl: "The question of control of the child - it's family issues. This is a minor child, in our 18 years in school learning - I am at this point I say". Raisa Bohatyryova (Deputy Prime Minister and concurrently the Minister of Health) held talks with Nikolai Kruglov and asked him to provide all the necessary medical care for Makar.

The Ukrainian Presidential adviser, Marina Stavniychuk, voiced her support to the residents of Mykolaiv and opposed the initial release of suspects. She announced that the Presidential Administration was surprised by the behavior of law enforcement officers, who released the suspects of the rape and attempted murder. The presidential adviser further expressed her personal disbelief over the release of the suspects.

Member of parliament Serhiy Sobolev said that "the spokesman of the Mykolaiv regional police department is frankly lying" when she (Lt. Col. Olga Perederenko) stated that "the girl was in such condition that it could not provide any evidence", Sobolev was shocked that Olga Perederenko still holds her position.

During the plenary session of the Verkhovna Rada (Ukraine's parliament) on March 14, Gennady Zadyrko, in reaction to the incident involving Oksana Makar, said that Ukraine should "bring back the death penalty". The deputy Oleg Lyashko urged his colleagues to donate one day's salary to Makar's medical treatment. He also opined that they should "castrate pedophiles".

Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Andriy Klyuyev expressed confidence that the perpetrators will be punished with the full extent of the law. He noted that "the government must adequately respond to any crime - no one has to avoid punishment, regardless of affiliation or social status"

An Honored Artist of Ukraine Angelica Rudnitskaya has stated she doesn't not believe in the execution of President Viktor Yanukovych order to ensure a full and impartial investigation of rape Oksana Makar. She said: "If the law enforcement system is not able to protect its citizens and punish those responsible, the people themselves must all available legal means to force her to do it"

After Makar had died on 29 March 2012 President Yanukovych and Prime Minister Mykola Azarov were among the first to offer condolences. Azarov wrote on his blog “No compromises. Only with the knowledge that punishment is inevitable will these monsters fear to encroach on people’s lives and rights.”

Thanks for adding your voice.

2 years ago
It's a shameless act. The two men cannot be human. They should be given the harshest punishment.

Thanks for adding your voice.

2 years ago
such grave crimes have no place in human society

Thanks for adding your voice.

Shahroz David
2 years ago
Justice shall be served.

Thanks for adding your voice.

Sheereen Kamran
2 years ago
These sort of issue must be resolve on priority bases. Must have speedy justice system in these cases. In Pakistan and in south Asia Child abuse is high on dangerous level and all people work together to sort out these issue.

Thanks for adding your voice.

2 years ago
Because it is inhuman.....
Whosoever they are must be hanged by the court.

Thanks for adding your voice.

Muhammad Ali
2 years ago
i m signing because it's our responsibility.

Thanks for adding your voice.

adnan Khan
2 years ago
i stand for her

Thanks for adding your voice.

Bhumish Kumar
2 years ago
Uneducated unethical and stupidity knowledge teachings