Support the Appalachian Regional Port
This petition had 561 supporters
As a supporter of the Appalachian Regional Port, we as citizens of Murray County have an opportunity to be more competitive and diversify our industry like never before. A chance to enrich our area like this only happens once in a lifetime. I would ask you to sign this petition in support of this project and our County Commissioner.
We, the undersigned, support the creation of the Appalachian Regional Port for many reasons including:
1. It will help to bring new industry and jobs to Murray County. This will provide the next generation a way to support their families so they can stay in Murray County.
2. It will make locally manufactured goods, including carpet, flooring, autos and tires, more competitive in the global market by diversifying transit options for existing business/employers in our region.
3. By attracting new industrial development, our tax base will increase and support local schools, roads and other services while taking the burden off of property owners.
4. Logistics related payrolls support service industries such as banking, construction and restaurants.
5. The Georgia Ports Authority's commitment to sustainability is proven through its conservation practices at other locations, and that same amount of effort will be put into operating the Appalachian Regional Port in a sustainable manner.
Please pass the word and show support!
Today: Richard is counting on you
Richard Sullivan needs your help with “Speak up in support of the Appalachian Regional Port”. Join Richard and 560 supporters today.