Southern District Health Board: Appoint PS Otago with DRC South as a 4th home support provider
This petition had 1,095 supporters
Retaining a locally based not-for-profit home care service will be in the best interests of our clients, our staff who support them, and the wider community.
We request that the Southern District Health Board reconsider its decision to have only three providers and award the fourth contract to Presbyterian Support Otago's Enliven service in partnership with disAbilities Resource Centre Southland Charitable Trust.
This is important because:
* SDHB has awarded Home Support contracts for Otago and Southland worth over $15 million to companies that are managed from the North Island and Australia. The partnership of local charities, Presbyterian Support Otago and disAbilities Resource Centre Southland Charitable Trust, who are long-standing and current trusted providers of service to most of the clients in the south, missed out
* it impacts upon 2500 vulnerable older people and 800 staff involved in their care
* local organisations are the best providers of care for our older people
* both charities are proven providers and have over many years built up strong community connections and a well trained work force who are committed to ensuring all clients receive high quality care
* both organisations provide a wide range of complementary services for home support clients such as accessible transport, volunteer visitors, social work and counselling and community integration and reintegration. Some of these services could potentially be lost to the Otago and Southland communities as a result of the SDHB's decision.
Today: Presbyterian Support Otago and DRC Southland is counting on you
Presbyterian Support Otago and DRC Southland needs your help with “Southern District Health Board: Appoint PS Otago with DRC South as a 4th home support provider”. Join Presbyterian Support Otago and DRC Southland and 1,094 supporters today.