Remove Terri Lally from South Range Board of Education
Remove Terri Lally from South Range Board of Education
Terri Lally has been a disappointment to her supporters and to the community. The following are the allegations against Terri that we find unbecoming of a board member and ask for her immediate resignation.
- On or about "tag day 2019" Mrs. Lally allegedly was witnessed consuming alcohol on school property which violates school board policy and demonstrated poor judgment.
- On or about "tag day 2019" Mrs. Lally allegedly smelled of alcohol on school property with students around which violates school board policy and demonstrated poor judgment. If a South Range teacher was found guilty of consuming and/or smelling of alcohol on school property, one would assume immediate action by the board, and a plausible revocation of their teachers license. The board must be held to a higher standard then their employees.
- On or about "tag day" Mrs. Lally distributed alcohol on school property and admitted to such at the December 23rd special board meeting. This misconduct violates school board policy and demonstrates poor judgment. Mrs. Lally has publicly admitted this infraction of the school board policy with no remorse, apology, or admittance of wrong doing.
- On or about August 2019, Mrs. Lally allegedly distributed flyers around the school and community about a "Yeti cooler and Spirits" fundraiser, with her phone number on it to support "South Range High School Baseball and Softball" teams. This flyer clearly was meant to seem as if it was a school fundraiser, not a fundraiser by another entity. This alleged misconduct violated school policy, abused her position on the school board as the board did not approve such a fundraiser, and demonstrated poor judgment.Mrs. Lally was elected to the school board and one would expect a sitting board member to follow school board policy. While this alleged blatant abuse of power does nothing but undermine the school board policies.
- On or about January 2017, Mrs. Lally allegedly posted flyers around the South Range High School about a wine-tasting fundraiser which violated school board policy and demonstrates poor judgment.
Mrs. Lally is supposed to be a role model to our children. Instead, she allegedly tried to advertise wine-tasting to minors.
Ohio Revised Code provides a removal from office for the following reasons: (BOLD PRINT ARE AREAS WE FEEL MRS. LALLY SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE FROM)
An official can be removed if he or she willfully and flagrantly exercises authority or power not authorized by law; refuses or willfully neglects to enforce the law or to perform any official duty imposed upon him or her by law; or is guilty of gross neglect of duty, gross immorality, drunkenness, misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance.
- Neglect of duty by public office holders which results in serious
consequences, or a risk of serious consequences arising.
- Misfeasance: Misfeasance occurs when an act is legal but is performed illegally or in an improper manner.
WHAT WE FEEL ARE FACTS:
While in general consuming alcohol responsibly as an adult is not bad, Mrs. Lally has allegedly conducted herself in a manner unbecoming of a board member. The following we consider as facts.
- Mrs. Lally has admitted to distributing alcohol on school property. Violating school board policy and demonstrating poor judgement. Specifically, Mrs. Lally should be removed for misfeasance, and gross neglect of duty.
- Mrs. Lally denied consuming alcohol on school property. However, since numerous people have stated they saw her consuming alcohol on school property with her friends, witnessed her smelling of alcohol, and Mrs. Lally has a history of lying, it is of our belief that she probably did consume alcohol on school property which violates school board policies and demonstrates poor judgement. Specifically, With counts 1 and 2, Mrs. Lally should be removed from office for drunkenness, misfeasance, and gross neglect of duty.
- While Mrs. Lally was not publicly asked about her unauthorized school fundraiser raffling off alcohol mentioned in Count 4, the fact that her phone number is listed on on the flyer and the fact that others witnessed her posting on facebook, one can only assume that she did in fact try to run an unauthorized fundraiser. While her intent may not of been malicious, the fact is that this once again demonstrates poor judgement and an blatant abuse of power. This infraction violates school board policy and demonstrates poor judgement. Specifically, Mrs. Lally should be removed because she exercised power not authorized to her by law, gross neglect of duty, and misfeasance.
- Mrs. Lally was not asked publicly about count 5. However, witnesses stated she hung advertisements for a wine-tasting in the high school and was asked to remove it by administrators. Given the fact that witnesses saw it, and her pattern of misconduct, we believe this infraction occurred. This violated school board policy, and demonstrates poor judgement. Specifically, Mrs. Lally should be removed because of gross neglect of duty, and misfeasance.
Mrs. Lally has continuously been an embarrassment to the South Range Community. Mrs. Lally is power-hungry, looking for ways to only benefit herself, her family, and her friends. She has routinely changed positions on issues depending on who she is speaking to, and got caught in lies. Mrs. Lally has also routinely violated school board policies and demonstrated poor judgement.
Mrs. Lally, we ask you to do the right thing...resign immediately from the South Range school board. Failure to comply with our request may force us in legally removing you from office in form of a formal petition which will cause a distraction to the school. We feel that we have a preponderance of evidence to prove five counts of gross neglect of duty, five counts of misfeasance, one count of drunkenness, and one count of abuse of power.