Improve working conditions for teachers in South Africa
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
The inequality in South Africa's schools is shocking. Some schools are safe and others not. Mr. Gadimang Daniel Mokolobate, an educator from the North West province has been murdered in his classroom by one of his students.
This incident highlights how bad the behaviour and discipline in our schools has become. One teacher dying is one too many! This petition is therefore to:
- Bring attention to the issues that teachers face in the classroom and in the school, especially in terms of learners' discipline and behaviour.
- Bring attention to the fact that the manner in which learners behave towards authority and teachers has deteriorated drastically.
- Urge the Department of Education to improve teacher training and provide adequate support to deal with troublesome and violent learners.
- Urge the Department of Education to install 2 SAPS officers & 1 qualified Psychologist to each and every school in the country.
- Urge communities to show respect for the profession of teaching and to provide support.
#1toomany #teacherslivesmatter #safeschools #educationcrisis
Today: Teach2Reach is counting on you
Teach2Reach needs your help with “South African National Department of Basic Education: Improve working conditions for teachers in South Africa”. Join Teach2Reach and 8,186 supporters today.