Sign the Petition: Deepen JAXPORT Now!
This petition had 601 supporters
The Jacksonville Harbor Deepening project is our region’s single biggest opportunity to grow our port, support area businesses, increase manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, transportation and more, ensuring quality employment for future generations.
The project, endorsed by Congress and the President of the United States and supported with significant state and federal funding, is critical to the economic vitality of our city and our region.
Please sign the petition TODAY in support of Jacksonville Harbor Deepening and insist that the Jacksonville City Council join the state and the nation in lending support to this transformational, unprecedented business opportunity.
- JAXPORT currently supports more than 130,000 jobs throughout the region and creates $26 billion in economic impact every year
- JAXPORT has grown Asian container volumes more than 5,700 percent since entering the trade lane less than a decade ago
- Local jobs associated with JAXPORT’s Asian business grew more than 57 percent in a five-year period
- These jobs and this business will leave Jacksonville unless the harbor is deepened to accommodate more cargo aboard today’s bigger ships
- More than 15,000 new jobs will be created by this project
- JAXPORT’s leadership is working diligently to keep this project on time, reducing the scope and ensuring that the returns far outweigh the costs
- The best environmental modeling in the world, plus peer review by scores of independent scientists, advocates for the environmental safety of the full project design
- For every $1 invested in deepening, $24 will be returned to the economy
Click here for more information on the project.
SIGN and SHARE this petition immediately to let the Jacksonville City Council know you support deepening and that the time to secure the jobs and dollars that come with it is NOW!
Today: JAXPORT is counting on you
JAXPORT needs your help with “Sign the Petition: Deepen JAXPORT Now!”. Join JAXPORT and 600 supporters today.