Be a voice for the vaquita porpoise!
Jun 10, 2019 —
We need your help! For this year's International Save the Vaquita Day on July 6, to urge Mexico to act, we want to give the endangered vaquita porpoise as many voices as we can reach people. You can join us & record a short video clip with your vaquita message for the world.
- Record a video clip of yourself of up to 60 seconds in length. For the best results, you may want to ask a friend or family member to film you.
- If you are using a phone to make the recording, try using landscape (not portrait) mode.
- Record the video clip with clear audio in good light (e.g. outdoors in a quiet location during the day, or in a room with lots of light).
- Wear plain clothes (no uniform) without clearly visible brand names.
- Feel free to share any thoughts you have about the vaquita.
(You could e.g. talk about why the vaquita is important to you, why you care about its fate, or what you want the world to do about its dramatic decline. If you like, you can directly address Mexican president Andrés Manuel López Obrador.)
- Post your video clip publicly to YouTube (preferred!), Vimeo, Instagram or Facebook to share it. You may wish to include hashtags #Voices4Vaquita, #4APorpoise, #SaveTheVaquita and tag the Porpoise Conservation Society.
- Download & sign the video release forms for Adults & Minors and submit your clip via our web form.
- Share this campaign with your friends and family.
(If you are recording multiple clips with friends or family, don't record every video clip at the same location, for variety.)
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly