Devolution of Air Passenger Duty to Wales
This petition had 459 supporters
What Is Air Passenger Duty?
Introduced in 2009 the is widely agreed to be damaging to the economy in particular tourism. From April 1st 2016 it will add up to £142 to the cost of flying from the UK.
Why Should we take action?
We belive that it shouldn't just be devolved it should be abolished completly, devolution would allow Wales to do that.
- It's Our Right - A tax on flying from Wales should not be set by an English Government
- It's Damaging - The tax is stifling growth at Cardiff Airport, in particular long haul opportunities.
- It stifles the Economy - The tax discourages tourism and industry from visiting the UK
- Job Creation - Reducing or scrapping the tax could create up to 1500 jobs in Wales alone
- Boost Tourism & Routes - Lower or No APD would make Wales more attractive to new carriers
What can YOU do?
Sign our petition and visit http://www.apd4wales.uk/
Today: Wales Air Forum is counting on you
Wales Air Forum needs your help with “Sign Our Petition - Devolution of Air Passenger Duty to Wales”. Join Wales Air Forum and 458 supporters today.