- Shona Robison, MSPCabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Sport
The establishment of an independent, properly-resourced NHS regulatory body in Scotland
We are calling for the urgent establishment of a genuinely-independent, properly-resourced NHS regulatory body with full investigatory and disciplinary powers in order to secure a safe and accountable NHS in Scotland.
This body will ensure the following;
- Investigation and responsiveness to serious incidents and concerns regarding poor patient care and clinical negligence in NHS Scotland
- Monitor adherence to national standards of care
- Investigation of outstanding cases of wrong doing within the NHS Scotland towards patients and families and also towards NHS staff (e.g. whistle blowers).
- Delivery of a genuinely responsive, effective, transparent and safe health care service
The NHS was founded on the overarching principle of providing equal access to quality health care for all. We need to act now to improve standards and put people first to provide a safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led NHS for the people of Scotland.
- Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Sport
Shona Robison, MSP
I, the undersigned, fully support the urgent call for the establishment of a genuinely-independent, properly-resourced NHS regulatory body with full investigatory and disciplinary powers in order to secure a safe and accountable NHS in Scotland.
ASAP NHS started this petition with a single signature, and now has 171 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.