BX Ranch Land as public green space.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
BX Ranch, Vernon BC
1. The last remaining 166.9 acres of the original BX Ranch located at 4122 East Vernon Road, was purchased by the Regional District of the North Okanagan (RDNO) in early 2016 for $2.315 Million
2. This Land is in the process of being subdivided into two pieces,
- The first piece is to accommodate the joining of BX Ranch Park to Mutrie Road Park creating a 14.8 hectare (36.5 acre) public walking space, or ‘Linear Park’
- The second piece (the Remainder) is 55.5 hectares (137.1 acre) is being rezoned from; Country Residential (CR) 2.0 hectare minimum to; Large Holdings (LH) 30.5 Hectare minimum.
3. A Resolution was passed by the RDNO Board to sell the remaining 55.5 hectare piece of land. (82% of what was just purchased!)
4. Thru the BX Community Association, a committee of local Residents was formed to;
- Ask the RDNO Board to NOT sell this remainder property.
- Look into establishing an Agricultural Park on this remainder land.
Definition: ’Open Agricultural Green Space’. Possible uses are; Conservation, Passive Recreation or Open Land Park. Also inclusive of; Community Agricultural Park, Education and research, Creation of habitat for plant, animal or insect species at risk.
The BX Community Association would like your input.
- Should this parcel of ALR land be sold off to private hands?
- Is there a need in our community to retain this land in public hands?
This information has been created and shared by the BX/Swan Lake Community Association. Representative; Paul Jeffry Williamson 660 Larkspur Road, Vernon BC V1B 3J2
Today: BX/Swan Lake Community Association is counting on you
BX/Swan Lake Community Association needs your help with “Share your support for keeping the remaining BX Ranch Lands in public ownership as an agricultural green space.”. Join BX/Swan Lake Community Association and 272 supporters today.