Repeal the Marino Bill
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The Coalition for a Better Wallingford is launching a 2 fold campaign.
1. We would like 188,000 letters on the desk of every member of Congress.
2. We are locking out all members of Congress at all of our events until the bill is repealed.
By repealing this bill, it will re-institute the DEA and their ability to control large distributions of narcotics that are an imminent threat to public safety.
- In April 2016, at the height of the deadliest drug epidemic in U.S. history, Congress stripped the Drug Enforcement Administration of its most potent weapon to keep prescription narcotics from going straight from major drug companies to the nation's streets. The law took away the DEA's ability to freeze suspicious shipments from drug companies, shipments the agency was concerned were on their way to the wrong hands.
- This law was supported by some of the nation's major drug distributors, opposed by the DEA and, according to this investigation, was pushed through Congress and the federal government after its opponents were neutralized or had joined the other side. We need your help in rallying our lawmakers to repeal this bill.
- CDC has declared 188,000 prescription overdose deaths to date. We would like 188,000 letters sent to every member of Congress.
- Currently, 150 people are dying every day due to the opioid epidemic.
- The cost to families struggling with addiction to opioid is immeasurable.
Visit these links to learn more about the details of the case and follow us on Facebook for further updates.
Facebook - Coalition For A Better Wallingford (@cbwlfd)
Today: Coalition for a Better Wallingford is counting on you
Coalition for a Better Wallingford needs your help with “Senator Chris Murphy: Repeal the Marino Bill”. Join Coalition for a Better Wallingford and 605 supporters today.