To stop exploitation and penalization of MAKAUT students by their own college management
This petition had 2,205 supporters
We, the students of different engineering and technology colleges of West Bengal,are in shocking condition for years. Specially, the situation of private engineering colleges across the districts are pathetic. Students are treated like ‘criminals’ by the college authorities here. Fake campusing,imposing fines by hook or crook, increment of semester fees regularly, false promises about placements, poor infrastructure and hostel facility, lack of teachers etc are the manifestation of the ‘academic hostility’ of private engineering colleges. The particular list is never ending!We have forgotten that we are actually students, not kids' toys.
However, when the students have placed their legitimate issues in front of the authorities, they have been treated as slaves. They are charged with FIRs, suspensions etc heinous treatments. The futures of the country are treated like this! Absolutely irrational and inhuman! Again when they unite for some demands of justice, they are being threatened for their protesting voice.
Hence we are writing to you to intervene into the matter right now to take control of this anti-academic scenario created by the authorities across the campuses.
Also we demand following
1) Immediate withdrawal of all the FIRs and suspensions charged on the students who were involved in the protests against the college authorities.
2) Abolishment of fake recruitment through proper process
3) All possible hearty efforts so that every student can be placed after education properly.
4) Immediate reinstatement of healthy and human academic atmosphere across the campuses.
5) Thorough improvement of infrastructures throughout the corners .
6) Right to speak collectively for different causes and not to be penalized for that.
Today: Bengal Engineering Students Unity is counting on you
Bengal Engineering Students Unity needs your help with “Secretary, Higher Education Dept, Govt of West Bengal: To stop exploitation and penalization of MAKAUT by their own college management”. Join Bengal Engineering Students Unity and 2,204 supporters today.