Enforce Air Passenger Bill of Rights and hold Cebu Pacific accountable for Dec. 2014 #flightmageddon
This petition made change with 5,519 supporters!
To DOTC Secretary Abaya and DTI Secretary Domingo:
This 2014 Christmas and New Year holiday season, Cebu Pacific has caused untold chaos and misery to countless paying passengers due to an awful combination of overbooking of flights, delayed flights, cancelled flights and inadequate number of ground personnel to handle check-ins.
To add insult to injury, Cebu Pacific has not been providing timely, correct and sufficient information to passengers who are affected by the airline's problems. Cebu Pacific does not inform passengers they have no seats for flights they have paid in advance. Cebu Pacific does not inform passengers that their flight had either been cancelled, delayed or rescheduled. This, despite the fact the airline has the passengers' contact information like email and mobile/telephone numbers and the existence of public announcement speaker systems at the NAIA. Ground personnel, be they company employees or contractual staff, have reportedly been giving different and often conflicting alibis.
The DOTC and DTI should take action to uphold affected Cebu Pacific passengers whose rights under the Air Passenger Bill of Rights (DOTC-DTI Joint Administrative Order No. 1) are brazenly denied and violated. These include:
- The right to receive the full value of service purchased
- The right to be processed for check-in
- The right to sufficient processing time
- The right to board aircraft for the purpose of the flight
- The right to be notified beforehand of the fact of flight cancellation
- The right to be rebooked and to be reimbursed, in case of flight delay or cancellation
- The right to rebook a ticket without extra charge, in case of flight delay or cancellation
- The right to be endorsed to another carrier without paying any fare difference, in case of flight delay or cancellation
- The right to compensation and amenities in case of flight delay or cancellation
- The right to immediate payment of compensation
We demand that the DOTC and DTI:
- enforce the Air Passenger Bill of Rights, the Consumers Act of the Philippines and other relevant laws
- summon and investigate Cebu Pacific for its violations
- order Cebu Pacific to immediately compensate, without undue preconditions, all affected passengers
- establish 24/7 Help Desks at NAIA Terminals 3 and 4, with adequate DOTC and DTI personnel, so passengers could obtain assistance to enforce their rights
We also call on the Senate and the House of Representatives to conduct an investigation, in aid of legislation and as part of their oversight functions, on this matter.
Today: Tonyo is counting on you
Tonyo Cruz needs your help with “Sec. Abaya: Enforce Air Passenger Bill of Rights and hold Cebu Pacific accountable for Dec. 2014 #flightmageddon”. Join Tonyo and 5,518 supporters today.