Fight for 15%: Social Equity Contract or Strike!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The Washington State legislature settled the McCleary case by earmarking $2 billion for educators’ salaries. The Washington Education Association has called statewide for a minimum 15% increase in total compensation in the 2018-19 contract and that all Education Support Professionals deserve at least a 36.7% increase.
Many districts have already won major salary increases. If Seattle is going to remain competitive with other districts and provide a living wage in a city with skyrocketing costs, then we must demand an equitable pay increase of at least 15% across ALL bargaining units.
Based on democratic discussions in SEE meetings, collaborations with SEA bargaining units, updates from bargaining team members, and suggestions of the content of the SEA bargaining survey, SEE has developed the following Social Equity Platform. We are calling on SEA educators and community allies to join us in endorsing this platform and preparing to strike if these demands are not met.
Social Equity Platform
- 15% minimum raise for certificated staff
- 20% minimum raise for classified staff
- 1 year contract
- No concessions
- Fund Ethnic Studies coordinator, coach, & professional development
- Paid Restorative Justice coordinators
- Support and grow Racial Equity Teams
- Healthcare for subs
- 12 Weeks paid family leave for all educators
- Lower counselor- and nurse-to-student ratio
- Hire more office professionals to match increased workload
- Hire more instructional assistants
- Enforce special education caseload limits
Today: Lauren is counting on you
Lauren Stark needs your help with “Seattle Education Association: Fight for 15%: Social Equity Contract or Strike!”. Join Lauren and 363 supporters today.