We have sadly lost our precious Hughie. A grandson, brother, son, nephew and cousin who is no longer with us because he swallowed a button battery. Button batteries are a serious hazard and need to be completely banned.
Surgeons at Great Ormond Street Hospital are, tragically, seeing one child a month with corrosive burns caused by swallowing button batteries.
At least two children a year die as a result of swallowing batteries. We do not want any other family to go through what we are going through and we never want another child to suffer the way baby Hughie suffered.
Sign now to make “Baby Hughie’s Law” a reality!
Please help us fight for button batteries to be completely banned.