Keep Weirs Beach pristine and foster tourism that benefits the local economy.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Waves of tourists that leave massive amounts of trash are degrading the integrity of Weirs Beach to the point that it looks more like a landfill than a wonderful landmark and family beach. Furthermore, the way things are structured today hampers local businesses and the local economy as the overcrowded beach and streets displace people that would support the local economy.
By changing beach usage patterns and rules people will remain enjoying the beach. By better managing the crowds and incentivizing good behavior the pristine nature of the beach can be maintained.
Simple changes like the ones below would make a big impact:
- Prohibiting the use of grills and any other cooking devices.
- Stricter rules and policing about waste management, alcohol consumption, loud music and large items.
- Taxing and regulating private parking lots around the area.
- Reserve a small number of parking spots for residents.
- Reevaluating and better enforcing capacity limits of the beach.
- Issue fines for littering.
Today: Juan is counting on you
Juan Illidge needs your help with “Scott Myers: Keep Weirs Beach pristine and foster tourism that benefits the local economy.”. Join Juan and 46 supporters today.