Dismiss Peter Dutton
Dismiss Peter Dutton
We've always known Peter Dutton was a bit of an idiot.
Remember the time he:
- Reckoned letting Lebanese refugees into Australia was single handedly responsible for the rise in the crime rate?
- Called Journalist Samantha Maiden a “mad f***ing witch” ?
- Joked with Tony Abott about drowning Pacific Islanders?
Recently however, Mr Potato Head has outdone himself. In response to ongoing environmental protests in Brisbane, Dutton recommended that protesters be thrown into jail on an indefinite term, have their incomes stripped and be publicly shamed, which if enacted, is a potential violation of at least six International Human Rights, Including (But at this stage not limited to):
- The right to freedom of assembly and association (Articles 21 and 22 ICCPR and Article 8 ICESCR)
- The right to self-determination (Article 1 ICCPR)
- The right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion or belief Article 18 ICCPR)
- The right to freedom of opinion and expression (Article 19 ICCPR)
- The right to freedom of movement (Article 12 ICCPR)
- The right to take part in the conduct of public affairs (Article 25 ICCPR)
Note: List above refers to rights set down in Articles of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and in one case the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR)
As if that wasn't enough, word has come through that Laws enacted in 2015 regarding Counter-Terrorism, laws that Dutton backed, are also in breach of International Law and have been found by Police officials to be in some cases stopping them from carrying out vital work in the defense of our nation and people.
This joke has gone quite far enough. I, and all those who sign this petition call for the immediate dismissal of Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton from public office and the annulment of all policies backed by Mr Dutton during his time in office, citing numerous concerns about the legality of said policies and calling into question Mr Dutton's fitness for any role in politics.