High School FI program at South Cowichan Valley
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Parents, Friends, Family of the South End of Cowichan Valley (Cobble Hill, Mill Bay, Shawnigan Lake area) would like another FI High School option available for our children entering grade 8-12. The South End of Cowichan Valley has a spectacular community base with parent involvement and would like to keep our children in this area to continue their French Immersion studies close to home. This area has grown and it's time our school system does as well.
There have been a few issues raised by concerned parents:
- FI Program is growing at a rapid rate. K & Grade 1 levels the highest it's been in years with a lottery system now. Grade 6 & 7 at a high level as well. Would like to keep them in an FI program to complete a double dogwood in the South End. (School District 79 - website reports support this information).
- Busing system is not working for South End Parents for students attending Cowichan High/Quam. Makes some long days for some children.
- Security of the children, High crime rate, high drug use around the Cow High/Quam campus's.
- Cowichan High will have an influx of students coming may not be able to hold all the students.
- Seismic upgrades are desperately needed at Cow High.
Having an FI high school program Grade 8 -12 anywhere in the Cobble Hill/Mill Bay area would give children and parents another option for continuing their FI program. This community is growing and our school systems are showing at a full rate capacity now. The years to come are going to continue this growing rate, especially the FI program. We need to come together and find another solution to work for all families.
We need all the support you can give us. Please join us to try to find another solution for the FI program to continue in our South End.
Please sign this if you want to see a change.
Today: Tracey is counting on you
Tracey Bouma Martin needs your help with “School District 79 - Cowichan Valley: High School FI program at South Cowichan Valley”. Join Tracey and 150 supporters today.