Protect Higgins Beach for ALL People!
This petition had 1,642 supporters
By signing this petition, you urge the Scarborough Town Council to REJECT two proposed ordinances that seek to:
- Limit hours of legal one-hour parking on Bayview Ave at Higgins Beach from 6AM to 7AM
- Create an anti-changing law in Scarborough
We oppose these ordinances for many reasons, including:
- Limiting beach-adjacent parking hours limits public beach access for working families & others.
- There is no sufficient and regular noise issue to substantiate limiting the hours of parking.
- Respectfully changing in and out of wetsuits, sweaters, etc., is normal beach behavior and should be allowed.
- The proposed changing ordinance would be difficult to enforce and could open the town up to litigation.
Today: Jennifer is counting on you
Jennifer Casey needs your help with “Scarborough Maine Town Council: Protect Higgins Beach for ALL People!”. Join Jennifer and 1,641 supporters today.