Clean Governance in Sri PadmanabhaTemple Thiruvananthapuram
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The Iconic Sri Padmanabha temple of Thiruvananthapuram now is governed by a temporary Administrative committee set up by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India. The committee is now headed by the Executive Officer (EO) Sri. Ratheesan, has been using the temple money collected via devotee contributions on Hundis for meeting non-temple related activities.
- Providing full fledged vada, idli, poori, tea and kesari in the temple - which is not offered to the Lord.
- Inviting Quotations for bottled mineral water to be made available inside temple
- Mis-using powers, by appointing various other retired people into the commitee and also forming new sub-committees.
- Paying salaries in large sums using the money collected from the Hundis for the EO, Other committee members etc.
The Supreme Court of India had directed the administrative committee in April 2014 to complete the following activities. It is noteworthy that none of them have seen traction and no initiative towards accomplishment has been made.
REPAIRS TO MOOLA VIGRAHAM - The Body of deity has holes in it. And needs to be restored and repaired to its initial glory.
2. REPAIRS TO SREEKOVIL ROOF
3. REPAIRS TO VISWAKSENAR
4. REPAIRS TO SREE NARASIMHA MOORTHY SHRINE
5. REPAIRS TO TIRUVAMBADY SHRINE (Lord Krishna)
6. REPLACEMENT OF DWAJASTHAMBA
7. REPAIRS TO TIDAPALLY (Temple kitchen) AND OFFERING OF CLEAN FRESH NIVEDHYAMS (Offerings to the Lord)
8. RESTORING MANJACHANDANAM (A tradition that was lost a couple of years ago)
9. CLEANING OF PADMATHEERTHAM POND
10. PROVIDING BASIC FACILITIES TO PILGRIMS AND WITHDRAW FLEECING DEVOTEES UNDER THE GUISE OF SEWA TICKETS
The devotees who come from far and wide are not treated in an amicable way. Money is fleeced and Aravana Payasam which is given as Prasaadam is not offered to the Lord.
The restoration work is mandatory considering the strength of the temple walls and its structure.
The Guards of the temple use abusive and bad language at the assembled devotees. There are also episodes of Physical abuse when they pull and drag the devotees outside the Ottakal.
It is our ardent plea, to
- Bring in a methodical Auditing mechanism for the Money collected in the Hundis.
- Use the money collected via Hundis from devotees only for temple purposes.
- Provide pocket-friendly seva facilities to devotees.
- restore and renovate the temple and its premise in a manner that will preserve the iconic structure of Thiruvananthapuram
- Treat devotees with dignity and integrity that befits a place of worship.
We are forced to take this route of getting signatures because repeated written complaints to the Executive Officer has failed to initiate any action.
Today: Anantha is counting on you
Anantha Sayanam needs your help with “SC of India: Clean Governance in Sri PadmanabhaTemple Thiruvananthapuram”. Join Anantha and 814 supporters today.