Say no to Civil War in Lebanon!
This petition had 221 supporters
We are Lebanese citizens who want a peaceful, stable and secular Lebanon. We are not connected to any political party or sectarian group.
In light of the worrying recent events in Lebanon, we believe that time has come for the “silent majority” in Lebanon to speak up and shout: “NO TO CIVIL WAR, NO TO SECTARIANISM”.
We call for:
• An “arm free” Lebanon
• A new law prohibiting the purchase or use of arms by civilians under any circumstances
• Civil peace to be guaranteed and reinforced by the government, the army and the security forces
• Unbiased and “non-sectarian” media coverage of the events as they unfold
• The prosecution of every individual who has directly or indirectly participated in the clashes and violent events of this past week in Lebanon
• Political leaders to seriously and actively stop arming their partisans and work towards containing the tension
• The civil society in Lebanon to take urgent action by lobbying, raising awareness, actively engaging in conflict prevention and starting peace initiatives targeting “at risk neighbourhoods”
• Friends and family members of individuals involved in the violence to deter their loved ones from taking part in future clashes
Remember, silence means consent… so speak up!
Today: Joanna is counting on you
Joanna Choukeir needs your help with “Say no to Civil War in Lebanon!”. Join Joanna and 220 supporters today.