#SaveLAMJ – Fix LA Draft Regulations that Harm Cannabis Consumers and Businesses!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Let the Los Angeles City Council Hear Your Voice on the City’s Draft Cannabis Regulations
On June 8th, 2017, the Los Angeles City Council and the Department of City Planning released draft regulations that will severely restrict consumer access to legal cannabis in the city. There will be limited license types for business owners. The cannabis products that can be manufactured in Los Angeles will be restricted. A confusing and lengthy application process will significantly delay legal consumer access and fuel LA’s illegal market.
Citizens of Los Angeles have historically supported cannabis initiatives and legislation put forward by the City. In March of this year, more the 80% of those voting opted to pass Measure M. The Southern California Coalition was the largest contributor to the Measure M campaign and engaged in meaningful outreach to the public.
As the Los Angeles City Council works to finalize the regulations which will govern the city’s cannabis marketplace, it is important that they shape policy that provides a robust, safe, and accessible market for all.
Below is a summary of the core issues within the proposed regulations which will deeply affect both stakeholders and consumers. Whether you are a current or prospective business owner, a consumer, a patient or a concerned LA resident, you deserve a marketplace that provides both protections and opportunities.
The undersigned petitioners respectfully request that the City of Los Angeles establish regulations which will:
- Maintain the market for the immediate and future economic prosperity of the city through an immediate and fair licensing process ;
- Establish a viable social equity program in the city;
- Abolish job-killing regulations that cripple small businesses and increase costs for consumers and patients;
- Create zoning which allows businesses in all applicable areas of the City, not just the few zones the City has selected;
- Broaden access to banking services;
- Ensure safety and combat the illicit marketplace.
Now is the time to tell the Los Angeles City Council that their proposed cannabis policies will not work. Make your voice heard! Sign this petition, and together, we will help #SaveLAMJ!
Today: Save is counting on you
Save La needs your help with “#SaveLAMJ – Fix LA Draft Regulations that Harm Cannabis Consumers and Businesses!”. Join Save and 283 supporters today.