Why this petition matters
The Ukrainian-American community is disturbed and deeply traumatized by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and the continued atrocities inflicted upon millions of civilians, including the nation’s most vulnerable groups: children, women, and the elderly.
The continued deterioration of the situation in Ukraine from both a humanitarian and a military perspective compels us to ask for help in advocating with the Biden administration to take additional steps to support Ukraine and save innocent lives:
● Urgently transferring additional lethal aid to Ukraine, including advanced air defense systems, and combat and combat support capabilities.
● Facilitating the immediate transfer of MiG aircraft from neighboring countries to Ukraine.
● Working with partners to institute safe humanitarian corridors for civilians, and exploring ways to deliver food, water, and humanitarian supplies to the millions trapped by violence.
● Providing urgent legal avenues for Ukrainian refugees to resettle in the United States.
● Imposing additional sanctions on Putin’s regime and on other prominent Russians who support the invasion, including politicians, oligarchs, members of Duma, artists, etc.
● Restrict American companies from doing any business in or with Russia.
In the Budapest Memorandum of 1994, the United States committed itself to safeguarding Ukraine’s security in exchange for its denuclearization. We urge you to do everything in your power to encourage President Biden to deliver on that commitment and safeguard Ukraine’s sovereignty and its territorial integrity.
Taking decisive actions to end the invasion and defend freedom, democracy and peace is not only in Ukraine’s interest - it is in the interest of the United States and the free world. We call on you to help support and advocate for Ukraine, as millions of innocent lives hang in the balance.