Petition Closed

This CROSS has been a part of Riverside for over 100 years, a wooden cross was erected on the mountain in 1907 and replaced in the 1950s with the concrete and steel cross that stands today. It draws thousands of worshipers annually to an Easter sunrise service.The mountain has been a public park since 1955, when Mission Inn owner Frank Miller’s family donated the land to the city with a condition in the deed requiring the city to maintain the cross. 

Letter to
Ronald O. Loveridge, Mayor City of Riverside
Please DO NOT remove or auction off the CROSS at Mt. Rubidoux

A wooden cross was erected on the mountain in 1907 and replaced in the 1950s with the concrete and steel cross that stands today. It draws thousands of worshipers annually to an Easter sunrise service.The mountain has been a public park since 1955, when Mission Inn owner Frank Miller’s family donated the land to the city. A condition in the deed requiring the city to maintain the cross expired in 1985. This is
Riverside’s most prominent cross.