Support grows for parks - please publicise!
Aug 17, 2014 — 1,000 people have already signed the Parks Petition following the initial call - now let's step up the publicity in the build up to World Parks Day, September 20th!
Please forward the link: http://chn.ge/TXdqhj
Twitter: @LoveParks_Week #LoveParks
The petition has already begun to stimulate publicity and debate. There's been a feature in the Daily Mirror, and important national organisations like Groundwork (the green space volunteering charity) and UNISON (the local Government workers Union) have agreed to back the call. An initial response from a representative of the Department for Communities and Local Government stated: 'It's good to see that friends groups across the country have support for the valuable work they do preserving good quality local parks', and offered to meet with the National Federation to discuss 'community rights'. But there was no response to the central issue of what the Government itself plans to do to ensure 'good quality local parks', so we now have to step up the pressure. Let's all get the word out to everyone we know and get thousands more to sign!
Please help get as many signatures as you can...
1. Sign the petition: http://chn.ge/TXdqhj
2. Spread the news via Twitter: @LoveParks_Week #LoveParks
3. Spread the news via Facebook: www.facebook.com/ukparkspetition - and also: www.facebook.com/LoveParksWeek
4. Refer to the Parks Petition webpage: www.natfedparks.org.uk/parks-petition.html
5. Download and take round a Sign Up Sheet: www.natfedparks.org.uk/mediapool/118/1181937/data/NFPGSpetitionHardCopySignUpSheet_1_.pdf
6. Download and hand out leaflets: www.natfedparks.org.uk/mediapool/118/1181937/data/NFPGSpetitionleaflet2014_1_.pdf
Please spread the word far and wide!
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly