- The Hon Mark Butler MPFederal Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Water
- The Hon Greg Hunt MPShadow Minister for Climate Action, Environment and Heritage
- The Hon Kevin Rudd MPPrime Minister of Australia
- The Hon Ryan Smith MPVictorian Minister for the Environment and Climate Change
- The Hon Lisa NevilleVictorian Shadow Minister for Environment and Climate Change
Save Our Koalas! Relocate koalas from plantations and create protected areas across Australia
Koalas are an Australian icon and they are being ruthlessly killed and maimed by plantation loggers and others with no intervention from government at any level. View: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3808542.htm
- Minister for Health and Sport
Greg Hunt MP
- Federal Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Water
The Hon Mark Butler MP
- Shadow Minister for Climate Action, Environment and Heritage
The Hon Greg Hunt MP
- Prime Minister of Australia
The Hon Kevin Rudd MP
- Victorian Minister for the Environment and Climate Change
The Hon Ryan Smith MP
- Victorian Shadow Minister for Environment and Climate Change
The Hon Lisa Neville
I am writing to you in reference to the 7.30 program highlighting the maiming and killing of koalas in the plantations around Australia, but particularly Victoria. Koalas are an icon of Australia and governments on both side have ostensibly ignored their destruction in favour of the almighty dollar.
I ask you to immediately list the koala under the EPBC Act and to ensure that legislation is enacted to protect this iconic species and its habitat.
Alex Tardif started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,313 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.