Help protect Manchac's Natural Resources
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Save Manchac Coalition: We are united to save the identity of Manchac and prevent any further strain on the infrastructure of the surrounding community.
1. Local citizens should be an integral part of all decisions and implementation process to ensure the area can prosperous for this and future generations
2. All decisions should be based on best science and information available
3. Enhancing economic development that is beneficial to the ecosystem without altering the natural landscape itself
4. Low impact concepts such as bicycle paths, more boardwalks, fishing piers, viewing towers, a campground or an educational center are keeping with the natural ecosystem and the identity of Manchac
5. South Tangipahoa Parish Port Commission to develop more economic growth with clean storage, loading and unloading or manufacturing tenants
6. Any and all projects should have an environmental impact study completed first with favorable results before the South Tangipahoa Parish Port Commission signs an agreement on any new development not in keeping with what is already in existence
7. The South Tangipahoa Parish Port Commission and the public should know all facts and figures before a decision can be made on a complex development in a highly sensitive ecosystem
8. A contract on the taxpayer’s property should have guarantees the contract cannot be transferred or sold
9. A contract that gives the South Tangipahoa Parish Port Commission and the public a right to terminate a contract if permits cannot be obtained
Nothing is going to change until you voice your concerns. Below are email addresses. Send them your opposition with your reasoning and where you are from. Please be respectful with your comments. Thank you.
Port # 985-386-9309.
Today: Save Manchac Coalition is counting on you
Save Manchac Coalition needs your help with “Save Manchac Coalition : Help protect Manchac's Natural Resources”. Join Save Manchac Coalition and 1,438 supporters today.