SAVE FORREST CREASON GOLF COURSE
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
BGSU has announced they will close Forrest Creason Golf Course at the end of the 2017 season. Please join me and other concerned citizens who wish to see golf course continue operation after the 2017 season.
Forrest Creason Golf Course/Driving Range:
• employs BGSU Students, at a cost in excess of $80,000 per year, allowing them to offset some of their educational expenses.
• is used by multiple BGSU Athletic Teams, Educational Departments, Clubs, Organizations, Fraternities and Sororities to host fund raising and alumni events.
• serves BGSU staff and students and the entire Bowling Green area and the surrounding communities as a recreation facility that contributes to the longevity of life, encouraging individuals to stay active.
• is used by the BGSU College of Business to teach their students the basics of golf so they will be able to better network in their pending careers.
• hosts multiple golf outings for community groups and organizations to generate charitable funds while earning revenue for the course to offset expenses.
• is a practice facility for BGSU golf teams and home to the BGSU Club Golf Team.
• is an historic part of BGSU. Constructed by Forrest Creason, Doyt Perry and others in the early 1960’s, the course later played host to the LPGA Golf School.
• has been a self supporting auxiliary service, not receiving an annual operating budget or student general fee subsidies from BGSU since the 2012-2013 fiscal year.
We understand that the university may want to cease the operation, but we ask that BGSU continue to maintain and operate the course with the intent to actively search for an individual/group/organization to lease (or buy) and operate the course to continue serving BGSU and the surrounding communities.
Today: Cheryl is counting on you
Cheryl Joyce needs your help with “SAVE FORREST CREASON GOLF COURSE”. Join Cheryl and 222 supporters today.