Save Elsternwick Park South for everyone. Say NO to Competition level AFL Redevelopment
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
SAY NO TO MASSIVE SPORTING REDEVELOPMENT AT ELSTERNWICK COMMUNITY PARK (SOUTH SIDE)
Dear Residents and Community Members:
By spending $4 Million dollars of residential ratepayers money on Elsternwick Park South to develop AFL Competition level Football, Bayside Council is ignoring the MAJORITY of park users and home owners who want this retained as a community park in its balanced use status. Bayside plans to use our park as a hub for competitive level AFL Womens Sport. (Womens Football represents only 1% of the female population.)
This development would ignore all major park using groups, Bayside Residential Owners, Off- Leash Dog Areas (shrinking space for dogs off lead across the community), Aged and disabled residents. Surrounding neighbours Elwood, Elsternwick, St Kilda residents for community and connection. Families with young children and dogs enjoying the park freely together.
Its also ignoring current ratepayers and homeowners in New St, Head St and St Kilda St. whose property value and enjoyment will be depreciated by massive floodlights , noise pollution, traffic congestion and environmental degradation and aesthetic degradation of the beautiful landscape. Including loss of wildlife.
Not to mention our loss of community gathering regularly for conversation and connection. An integral part of all locals physical, mental and emotional health and well being. A way to prevent loneliness and to promote collaboration, friendship and being in nature.
Say NO to:
- 8 X Floodlights (4x 50 Lux, 4 X 100 Lux) permanently on from 5-8.30 in winter
- Sporting pavillions, kiosk, umpire facilities, large undercover areas for fans and onlookers
- Fencing of ovals at 1 metre high excluding community from organised sport nightly and weekends ruining current open space areas
- 50% less off -leash space for dog walking at Peak times 5-9 pm evenings
- Environmental consequences for runoff, wildlife with lighting and noise pollution
- Massive traffic congestion as competitors from all over Melbourne park and clog up local parking at peak hour
- Compounded parking and traffic congestion with New St housing development and sporting developments
Lets join together in numbers to save our beautiful park and prized local asset for community, connection and for all.
HOW YOU CAN ACT TO SUPPORT OUR PARK NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
1. Come to the Shelter Elsternwick Park South on Saturday 4th August 11- 1.00 and sign the petition to voice your opposition to these structural and usage changes
2. GO TO BAYSIDE: HAVE YOUR SAY and protect your park, house prices, community and congestion levels
3. Sign and share this petition.
4. DEMAND a longer consultation period
5. MORE RESEARCH on CURRENT USERS AND PARK GOERS NEEDS
6. Call and email your council members (click on links below) The more people who voice their opposition the stronger our chances of holding on to Elsty Park.
Please contact Bayside Council, and register your comments on the site. Contact the Mayor and CEO to say NO and retain the space as a valued community asset. Contact the project owner Jason Sharp firstname.lastname@example.org.
For MORE INFO
Follow and post your photos of love for our park on FB : https://www.facebook.com/SaveElstyPark/
Visit Elstypark.com for the Facts.
Today: Silent is counting on you
Silent Majority needs your help with “Save Elsternwick Community Park for everyone. Say NO to Competition level AFL Redevelopment”. Join Silent and 838 supporters today.