- Satya Nadella
Bring Back Microsoft Money as a Windows 10 Universal App!
Satya Nadella has done a commendable job of putting Microsoft back on the map with his "productivity first", "mobile first" leadership at Microsoft. However Microsoft has a very glaring omission both on its App Store and in its Office productivity suite, one that it didn't have not so long ago, the omission of Microsoft Money for personal and small business finance.
A lot of people use Intuit's Mint for personal and small business finance. However Intuit pulled its popular personal finance app from the Windows store last year leaving Windows 10 users without a proper finance management app on mobile. Since Intuit refuses to support the Windows platform, Microsoft should step up to the plate and do it themselves. They certainly know how! Microsoft Money was a great application that my wife and I used for years. We only switched to Mint after Microsoft stopped selling Money.
The new and improved Microsoft Money should do everything Mint currently does:
1) Be able to connect to all our online accounts and aggregate the data using one single-sign-on to Money
2) Be able to do Budgeting
3) Show us our bottom line "net worth"
4) Be easy to query spending trends and look for tax write-offs
5) And as part of its business model it should partner with credit card companies and other financial institutions to offer financial products to its users based off typical usage
There should be the following versions of Microsoft Money:
1) A free "mobile" version for screens smaller than 10.1 inches on the iOS, Android, and Windows 10 platforms
2) A "full" version available on devices larger than 10.1 inches as part of Microsoft Office or the subscription based Office 365
3) A "web" version, as part of Office Online, where we can log in from any computer, whether we are at work, the library, a hotel, and manage our finances
Bottom line, Microsoft Money is perhaps the quintessential "productivity" app. Your demographic is both personal users and small business users. Satya and Microsoft, I ask you to do a gut check, and ask yourselves, what kind of "productivity" based platform do I really have without a decent finance app?
- Satya Nadella
Bring back Microsoft Money as part of Microsoft Office
rj p started this petition with a single signature, and now has 840 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.