STEP DOWN SARA!!! No confidence in the failed leadership of Speaker Sara Gideon
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The people of Maine recognize that the current Speaker of the House, Sara Gideon, has failed to lead the Maine House of Representatives in a manner that promotes decency and advances the goals of the state.
- Failed to build a governing coalition, resulting in the first state government shut down in decades
- Failed to manage the legislative calendar, leaving many important . bills impacting vulnerable Mainers unaddressed
- Failed to bring key pieces of legislation (where there is agreement) for a vote because she wanted to hold them hostage for political brinksmanship
- Failed to reach across the aisle, regularly demonizing republicans by calling them "terrorists" and disrespecting progressives by silencing their dissent
- Failed to respect the Governor of the State of Maine and his office
- Failed to inspire respect from a majority of the members of the Maine House of Representatives
We call upon the Maine House of Representatives, when it reconvenes, to hold a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE in failed Speaker Sara Gideon - and elect a new Speaker capable of leading with dignity on behalf of all Maine people.
Today: Aaron is counting on you
Aaron Chadbourne needs your help with “Sara Gidon: No confidence in the failed leadership of Speaker Sara Gideon”. Join Aaron and 343 supporters today.