Santa Feans for Responsible Development
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Regarding the Proposed 49 lot Estancia Del Norte Subdivision on Hyde Park Road, in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
We, the undersigned, hereby petition the Mayor and Santa Fe City Council members to vote 'no' on the proposed Estancia Del Norte subdivision, due to concerns regarding:
1. A MATTER ALREADY JUDGED: In 1995 the Governing Body exercised its discretion to reverse a final approval decision of the Planning Commission and denied a similar dense subdivision plat, called Los Vecinos, on this very same steep and fragile site. The developers, in turn, filed a law suit against the City Council. In 2000, the U.S. Tenth Circuit of Appeals upheld the Governing Body's reversal decision that denied the development of this land.
2. SEVERAL CONDITIONS OF CITY ORDINANCE 1981-3 WERE NOT MET: Most importantly, the Master Plan for the North side of Hyde Park Road was never recorded. The Planned Residential Community (PRC) zoning is null and void and should not be allowed for this subdivision.
3. CHAPTER 14 LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE VIOLATIONS: The applicants submitted subdivision plats are in violation of several city codes.
4. SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE TO ALLOW A VARIANCE HAS NOT BEEN PROVIDED: The City Code has specific criteria for granting a variance and the applicant has not submitted substantial evidence to support a finding on those criteria.
5. THE VARIANCE IS CONTRARY TO THE PUBLIC INTERESTS.
6. NON-CONFRMANCE OF THIS SUBDIVISION TO THE 1999 SANTA FE GENERAL PLAN.
Contributions can be made via Paypal to GreaterCallecita@gmail.com or by check payable to: The Greater Callecita Neighborhood Association, c/o Richard Folks, President GCNA,119 Valley Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87501.
Today: Santa Feans for Responsible Development is counting on you
Santa Feans for Responsible Development needs your help with “Santa Feans for Responsible Development”. Join Santa Feans for Responsible Development and 292 supporters today.