Help our community keep their water clean!
This petition had 78 supporters
Why is keeping our water clear important?
- Water is essential to all living things.
- Of all surface water, only 1 percent is actually drinkable.
- Water is needed to keep ecosystems in balance.
- According to Luminant (the state of Texas' primary energy supplier), roughly 46 percent of America’s lakes are too polluted for fishing, swimming, or hosting aquatic life.
- According to research done by CSUN (California State University, Northridge) 1.2 trillion gallons of untreated sewage, storm water, and industrial waste are discharged into US waters annually
What can we do to make a difference?
- Take your car to a carwash where the water is recycled. At home, soap might go down the storm drain and enter the bay untreated.
- Pick up and throw away pet waste so that its bacteria will not enter waterways.
- Dispose of hazardous materials like batteries and leftover medicine at a sponsored drop-off location. Do not throw them in the garbage or flush them down the toilet.
- Use less fertilizer in your yard so that it will not run off into storm drains after a heavy rain.
- Pick up litter on the street or sidewalk so it doesn't blow into streams or the bay.
By signing I pledge to do my part in keeping our water clean.
For more information and resources, visit our website at evols.org/save or stop by The EcoCenter in the Palo Alto Baylands (evols.org/ecocenter).
Today: Rodrigo is counting on you
Rodrigo Alfaro needs your help with “Santa Clara Valley Water District: Help our community keep their water clean!”. Join Rodrigo and 77 supporters today.